Venus and Saturn - in same FOV for binocular and telescope observers - 9th Jan Morning.

Naveen Nanjundappa

Jan 8, 2016, 1:03:25 AM1/8/16
to b-a-s, bas-announce
Hi all,

if you have binocular and telescope this is a right time to take them out (if sky conditions support) to observe the conjunction of planet venus and saturn will be visible in the same field of view in low magnification.

Date : 9th Jan 2016 morning around 4:30 they both rise.. so you can watch them till 6am hopefully.. by 5:15- 5:30 they are comfortably 15-16 deg above horizon and easy to identify..

Don't miss to watch comet catalina (bright and clear) refer to Akarsh's email for finder chart.

If someone is planning for observation, good luck.. keep us posted.
(I will be missing this opportunity due to my travel :( )

Thanks,
Naveen Nanjundappa