This Sunday: Google+ Hangout about Star Parties, and generic QA session

Akarsh Simha

Jan 5, 2013, 5:02:32 AM1/5/13
to b-...@googlegroups.com, bas-an...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

We plan to have a Google+ hangout to clarify any questions about star
parties (mostly technical questions, what to expect and stuff like
that, and not organizational matters) and just have some general
discussion about astronomy.

The hangout will commence on Sunday at around 10:30 AM IST. Try to be
on the hangout by around by 9:45 AM to allow for technical snags.

I will start the hangout, and I'll try to paste the link here as early
as 9:30 AM.

Everyone is invited to join. I think Google+ supports a maximum of 10
people in a hangout, but we will also go "On Air", so people who
cannot join can still participate by watching the live stream (will
paste the link as well), and by joining the discussions on our IRC
chat channel (#b-a-s on freenode; again, will "supply" instructions).

I'd appreciate a rough show of hands from those who will be joining.

If a different time works better for many people, we can also move it
around by a little bit.

Regards
Akarsh
signature.asc

Akarsh Simha

Jan 5, 2013, 8:35:09 PM1/5/13
to b-...@googlegroups.com, bas-an...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm canceling this event because I didn't get a quorum response
indicating interest.

We'll do it some weekend after the Yelagiri star party instead.

Regards
Akarsh