Curia Minutes

Lorraine Gehring

Feb 11, 2021, 1:43:15 PM2/11/21
to Barony Email List

Curia Minutes from February 10th, 2021

Their Excellencies said thanks for coming. They had a great time at Clothiers. Thanks to Dorcas for keeping the heraldry alive.

Officer Reports

Knight's Marshal

  • Nothing new.
  • Not currently any BFS-hosted online fighting classes.

Archery Marshal

  • Probably the 1st Sunday in April we might have archery practice again if the weather is good.

Stile Marshal

  • Not present.

Herald

  • There was a reblazoning of a BFS member's device (purely an administrative thing; the device itself didn't change.)
  • A few people in the submissions pipeline.
  • In April or May she should have something to report.
  • There is a Virtual Herald's Point happening right now. You can sign up for a consultation until Sunday. http://heraldry.sca.org/heraldspoint/
  • Heraldic Wills and Blanket Permissions to Conflict don't cost anything. See our Herald if you are interested in submitting one.

Chronicler

  • Not present.

Webminister

  • He has created a folder for the Chronicler to upload PDFs of the Clarion to.
  • His plan is to create a similar folder for the Exchequer to upload (public) Exchequer documents to, so they will be automatically available on the website.

Exchequer

  • Very little has changed since last month. $19,155.xx in our account.
  • The administrative things between the regional deputy and us have been completed and are just waiting for a sign-off from the Kingdom Exchequer.
  • He'll see about printing off the Income Lost form for 2020, and that might get posted to the website.

Chatelaine

  • Not present

A&S

  • Clothiers went well. Her Excellency BFS hosted a classroom for it. There were teachers from 6 different kingdoms and attendees from 18. (Not technically our event, but still very local to us.)
  • She is looking for classes for Spring, hopefully one or two per month. Let her know if you have something you'd like to teach on!

Seneschal

  • He just found out that on Amazon Prime Video, there is a show called Off the Cuff. Episode 1 season 1 is at Pennsic.
  • Still no progress on an indoor site. We can probably just start outside, and maybe people will start replying to our inquiries by the time we need to move back indoors in the fall.

There was discussion about the idea of doing an outdoor Curia once it is nice out (distanced and masked), or an outdoor gathering generally. People seem generally positive about the idea.

Maybe at Antioch Park, since that is where we may be having outdoor fighter practice at? Tentatively the 2nd or 3rd weekend of May; we'll look at getting a shelter. Ysabel will help investigate that.