Curia Notes

1 view

Lorraine Gehring

Jul 16, 2021, 3:21:40 PM7/16/21
to Barony Email List

Curia Notes for July 14, 2021

Officers Reports

Knight’s Marshal: Outdoor practices going smoothly. Roughly 10-15 steel fighters and 8-10 rattan fighters attend practice.

--Steel Marshal: Twelve fighters tonight. Seven are ready to authorize.

--Archer Marshal: People are making holes in paper. Only two practices in the past month. Three new people last time.

He’s interested in finding a marshal who could run an official practice up north. Anyone interested in being an archer marshal should get authorized at Lilies.

Arts and Sciences: She’s looking for people to teach classes. Discussed a possible newcomer/refresher class, a retinue class, and a class combined with heraldry.

Exchequer: No change (once again) in our finances. $19,675 in operating funds. Upcoming expenditures are $2,000 for the storage unit, and payments for Kris Kinder and this winter’s fighter practice site.

We need to add new signatories to the account (new deputy seneschal, others). He still needs a deputy.

--Quartermaster: We still have stuff in the storage locker.

Seneschal: Otto Augusten von Württemberg is the new deputy seneschal. He will step up at Coronation in January.

 --Chatelaine: The new chatelaine, Cecily Abbott, was introduced. Lillian, the former chatelaine, will serve as her deputy.

Herald: One passed name and four more in the pipeline from Forgotten Sea. The Roll of Arms project will be at practice next week.

Kris Kinder: Ysabel and Eibhilin are the event stewards. Logan will handle loading and unloading; Mathurin will handle merchants.

They will look at a potential new site in Independence, the Christ United Methodist Church on 39th St. It is $1,600 for the gym, social hall, small chapel, main sanctuary, one of the kitchens and seven classrooms.

Bloody Trident Inn: The event will be on March, 5 2022. The site is paid for except for the off-duty police officer who will be there from roughly 5 pm to 9 pm (so we may serve liquor).

Event Steward Niall needs help with games, a bartender and entertainers. He needs a MiC. The event also needs donated items for the auction.

He still needs to get more coins and make plans for the potluck dinner. Some details, such as the amount of the suggested donation for coins, will be discussed at the next Curia.

Their Excellencies: Badger submitted some beautiful preprints. Dorcas will coordinate with the other baronies as they plan the all-baronies’ after-fireworks party. Eid will coordinate Forgotten Sea’s day at Gate. Pre-registration for Lilies is now open.

Chronicler: The new chronicler, Jorhildr, was introduced.