Curia Notes

1 vue

Jane Fox

non lue,
13 oct. 2022, 23:41:1713/10/2022
à Barony of Forgotten Sea
Curia Notes 10-12-2022
Officer Reports:
Marshall: Germanicus reports he is now warranted as the Baronial Knight Marshall. However, he cannot carry his phone at work, so Gian Lupo may still have to make bad weather calls on the day of fighter practice. Later in Curia, there was discussion about whether to hold Fighter Practice on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. In the past, the Barony has held practice this night and had a huge turnout, including out of town fighters. Our Social Media Officer will put out a poll on the Face Book page –
please reply to it!

Exchequer: Rolanda was not present. However, she reported via Otto that we have paid the Armory
$300 for this month for our indoor fighter practice/meeting site.

Herald: We have 10 registrations in the pipeline – nine from the Barony and one from Aston Tor. The Roll of Arms project will be at the Practice site kitchen next Wednesday (Oct. 19) for all who are interested in working on it. Heraldry Night will be the first Thursday of the month at the Corinth branch of the Johnson County Library (on Mission Rd.). There is table space in the room for other activities, too.
Arts & Sciences: Classes: Zoe taught a class two weeks ago. Ayisha will be teaching the monthly class on the 3 rd Thursday of November (preprints). There will also be a class on the 3 rd Thursday of December.  Ysabel is looking for people to teach during meetings and practices on Wednesdays, now that we have access to an additional room at the Armory, as well as to teach on other nights, other locations, and
online. Janos has volunteered his kitchen and will be starting up a periodic cooking thing.

Archer Marshal: Outdoor archery practice has ended for the season. Mathurin is now retired as the Barony’s Archer Marshal, and the position is vacant.

Chatelaine: H.L. Skallagrim is the new deputy Chatelaine. He hails from Glenn Ahbann and is a survivor of Gulfnado. Three people utilized Gold Key in the past month. The are four people signed up for the mentor/mentee program. More mentors are needed, and there is an easy form to use for this on the Baronial website.

Web Minister: The Web Minister needs pictures of people in cool garb, pictures of neat SCA happenings, pavilions, A&S projects, etc. Please submit them to her along with the appropriate releases, which are also found on the Baronial website. The Baronial Order of Precedence is updated. The Web Minister would like to add handouts from A & S classes to the Web Site, if teachers will provide them.

Social Media Officer (SMO): All is quiet, no new trolls on our Face Book page.

Steel Marshal: The Barony has several new steel fighters, and a new steel fighter authorized. Spear authorizations are also happening.

Chronicler: Zoe has volunteered as deputy. The Chronicler always needs content of all sorts, especially content unique from that found on the web site or the Face Book page. Write ups about projects, book reviews, event reports (how was the event for you? Rather than just a court report), or anything else, as well as art for borders and the cover are great, as are articles for newcomers and experienced SCA folk
alike.

Their Excellencies: Their Majesties request Award Recommendations, especially since the Barony is hosting Kris Kinder soon. Even if you have put in a recommendation for someone for an award before, do it again. Check the Kingdom Order of Precedence first (op.calontir.org) to see if the person already has that award. The O.P. is up to date. There is NO limit to the number of recommendations you can submit. As a reminder, ANYone can submit a recommendation for ANY award, including Peerages, regardless of your rank.

Her Excellency wants to make sure we hold the Bloody Trident Baronial Event in the coming year. It is usually held at the Wyandotte County Lake Park at Davis Hall. We gamble all day, using Tridents as gambling tokens, and then use the tokens to purchase items donated at an auction and feast in the evening. Baronial Court also happens. We need to start nailing down a date now, as this site books up quickly. We also need auction items.

The Shire of Spinning Winds has asked the Barony if we will support and assist them if the put in a bid to host Kingdom Arts & Sciences Championships. There was discussion. There was general agreement that the Barony can assist with personnel.

Her Excellency did information gathering about potentially combining the offices of Chronicler and Social Media Deputy, as the Chronicler’s Office receives so few contributions and often merely pulls information from the Baronial Face Book page. The 11 responses were against the idea. Therefore, it was decided by the Seneschal and Their Excellencies that the two offices shall remain separate. The responses can be viewed under that post on the BFS FB page. His Excellency added a thank you to all the officers for their hard work and service.

Other Business:
Kris Kinder: Although the Event Stewards were not present, they reported via Otto. Duchess Ariel has the Gate well in hand. They have left a message with the Church regarding their request to hold a fund-raising Inn but have not heard back. Baroness Liriel is the merchant coordinator leading up to the event,and reports 24 merchants have registered to date. After discussion, it was decided that the cutoff for
merchant refunds will be 30 days prior to the event. Otto or Rolanda will check with the prior Exchequeabout policy for individual prepay refunds. Randlar went to the site today to do a detailed map of the site. The Church informed him that they
forgot to tell us they have the Sanctuary and the gym booked to the Youth Group until 8:30 p.m. on the Friday before the event. This means we cannot get into the main merchant area for set up until after 8:30 p.m., nor can we hold a Baronial Court on that evening. Ysabel, the merchant coordinator for the day of the event, also cannot be on site to set up that late in the evening as well as be on site at 5:00a.m. the morning of the event. There was discussion. It was agreed that we can set up as much as possible on-site Friday night throughout the rest of the site, and others besides Ysabel will do the table set up after 8:30 p.m. Randlar and Ysabel will use the detailed site map to plan out the table placement. Mellitus is the meeting coordinator. Contact him for meeting or class requests as soon as possible. There is a deadline.

Otto reported that the prior Kris Kinder site (the Lutheran school) contacted Gustav and asked about us coming back. Gustav passed this on to Otto. Otto will get in touch with the school. It was agreed that the Church cannot hold Kris Kinder if we get back to our pre-COVID attendance, and the school was a great site for that. However, site cost was a huge issue and placed the Barony at risk of not breaking even on the event if weather – or a pandemic – arose.

Other News:
Zoe located a potential site at Hotel Kansas City’s Tudor Ballroom. It has a 550-person capacity and costs $2000; she believes for all day. Another site might be the Truman Center on Independence Square. She will investigate further. Otto is also talking with his Masonic Lodge in Independence, which would be too small for events but a good size for classes or meetings (as well as free) and asking around at other lodges which might be more suitable for events. Anyone with leads on potential event sites is encouraged to find out more (but do NOT sign any contracts or agree to anything!) and report back to
Otto or to Their Excellencies.

Skallagrim and Dyrfinna are starting a sewing night beginning Tuesday Oct. 18 at their home. These will be the 3 rd Tuesday of each month. They will also have low or no-cost fabric available. If enough people are interested, and space becomes an issue, they will move to another location. The idea is to help newcomers and others who are not sewers get garb. The address is 3504 E. 10 th St., Kansas City, MO 64127. Street parking is available. Contact chatelai...@bfs-kc.org with questions.

Aidan will be taking Curia notes each month. They will appear on the Face Book page, the Baronial Web page and, in applicable months, in the Clarion.

If you have items for Curia, please send them to Otto prior to Curia.

Clayton Neff

non lue,
14 oct. 2022, 08:08:3914/10/2022
à Jane Fox,Barony of Forgotten Sea
Thank you for posting this. It is a great boon.

-- Logan --

Lorraine Gehring

non lue,
14 oct. 2022, 11:20:1414/10/2022
à Clayton Neff,Jane Fox,Barony of Forgotten Sea
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer
0 nouveau message