Singing at fighter practice

Ayisha bint Asad

Aug 19, 2021, 12:15:16 AM8/19/21
to Barony Email List
I enjoyed hearing the singing again tonight at practice.

For anyone not familiar with the songs sung tonight, here are the lyrics for the two I heard:
http://www.calonsong.org/CalontirSongs/battleofmaldon.htm
http://www.calonsong.org/CalontirSongs/roadtorome.htm

This seems like an opportune time to remind people that back in 2019, the Knowne World Bardcast did an episode with recordings from the Calontir party at Gulf Wars. The first song on there was At the Battle of Maldon, the first one from tonight. For your enjoyment, that episode can be listened to at https://knowneworldbardcast.com/episode-1/2019/5/5/season-4episode-5a-the-calontir-episode-part-one-in-the-key-of-army

Ayisha