Couple of things

1 view

BFS Officer Seneschal

Apr 3, 2022, 12:53:57 PM4/3/22
to Barony Email List
Just a reminder, officer reports are due to me no later than the 15th of April so I can get my report submitted to the kingdom by the 20th of April.

Also I would alter how we do Curia and change the day to either a Tuesday or Thursday and do them via Zoom or one of the other similar applications. This way Curia won't take as long and it won't take away from officers being able to take part in the various activities during the regularly scheduled Baronial / Fighter Practice. Please give me your thoughts via email or on Facebook.

Otto
Seneschal, Barony of Forgotten Sea
In Service to the Crown, Kingdom and Barony

her...@bfs-kc.org

Apr 3, 2022, 1:25:20 PM4/3/22
to Barony Email List
I would be okay with moving Curia to some other night, and doing it online. If we changed the night, I would definitely want to be online.  If we kept Curia on the second Wednesday of the month, I wouldn't mind having in-person meetings, especially during the months when we're in the park.  Moving online for the winter would be good.  Not having to drive during the months of early dark and possible bad weather would be a BIG positive for me.

OTOH, having in-person officer meetings at fighter practice means non-officers are more likely to attend, I think.  Is that good or bad?  Curia meetings are sometimes boring, but it's good for non-officers to see that being an officer isn't difficult or scary.  And having Curia at fighter practice means I don't have yet another SCA thing gobbling up yet another week night.

Dorcas Fountain

BFS Officer Webminister

Apr 4, 2022, 10:22:33 AM4/4/22
to BFS Officer Seneschal, Barony Email List
I'm busy Tuesday nights.  Thursday works if we must use a different day.

Abbott

Webminister, Barony of Forgotten Sea

her...@bfs-kc.org

Apr 4, 2022, 10:38:29 AM4/4/22
to BFS Officer Seneschal, Barony Email List
And Thursday totally does not work for me.  Monday would work, or Sunday if Curia meetings are on-line.

D^Fountain

Clayton Neff

Apr 4, 2022, 1:35:45 PM4/4/22
to Her...@bfs-kc.org, BFS Officer Seneschal, Barony Email List
Like probably so many others, I only have one week night per week that I can dedicate to SCA activities. Therefore I would prefer to leave Curia on the same night as practice/populace. I also believe that having people other than officers at meetings help encourage others to participate more fully in the Barony. And getting newer people involved really needs in person meetings.

-- Logan --
<<speaking as himself, not Kight Marshal>>

Rachel Linn

Apr 4, 2022, 7:32:12 PM4/4/22
to Clayton Neff, her...@bfs-kc.org, BFS Officer Seneschal, Barony Email List
I am one who only has Weds off every week, and can participate in SCA activities on that day. I have a set schedule that rotates on a four week basis, so I cannot guarantee I will be able to participate on Mondays, Tuesday, or Thursdays.
Rachel