Baronial Preprints

Ayisha bint Asad

Jun 10, 2021, 7:13:39 PM6/10/21
to barony-of-f...@googlegroups.com
Their Excellencies previously had an announcement about seeking calligraphers and artists to help design their new preprints. The announcement with more details can be read at https://groups.google.com/g/barony-of-forgotten-sea/c/aGfg-VQbZGI/m/LwsPao6VBgAJ. They would be happy to have more than one design for each of the Baronial awards, to provide more variety in what they give out, so they are still looking for people to help.

If you do not know what preprints are, check out this article from a back-issue of The Clarion: https://sites.google.com/view/bfs-clarion/the-clarion/september-2018/what-newcomers-should-know-about-preprints

Many scribes already have an idea of how they would go about making the master for a preprint. For people who have done calligraphy and/or who can do line drawings, but have not designed a preprint before, here's a document showing the steps I took in designing a preprint for the Baronial Colors: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aGssrP60ZbHNcN5CYHpz1p-6a4_fVXT2Z5u7Jg2I-1M/edit?usp=sharing
That is not the only way to do it, but I hope it may help make interested parties more comfortable with the idea of designing a preprint. If you have any questions, please ask.

If you would like to help design preprints, please contact Their Excellencies, at baro...@bfs-kc.org.

If you would like to help paint preprints, please let me know! I will be bringing copies of the first one available to hand out at next week's practice. (I will scale the amount I print based on how many people say they want some.)

If you have not painted preprints before and would be interested in a class on it, please also say something. If there is enough interest, a class can be scheduled.

In Service,
Ayisha