June 9, 2021 Curia Minutes
· Four new fighters in armor last week.
· Three new stilé fighters this week.
· A transferred MoD from another kingdom is here (for a while).
· Six or so shooters at Prairie Center last weekend.
· Crossbows are OK at Prairie Center.
· Archer marshal bought two new targets.
· Sunday, June 13 will need to be an unofficial practice, since no marshals will be present.
· We have money – the same amount of money we’ve had for nearly 18 months.
· Logan’s badge transferred.
· Taro’s badge was returned.
· Four submissions in pipeline from BFS.
· Officers are welcome to update their office descriptions if you want.
· Modern information usually is not listed.
Arts and Sciences:
· Queen’s Prize is in February. There will be no Kingdom A&S this year.
· Baronial A&S is being planned. It will not include items that were entered in the Calontir Clothing Challenge (C3).
· Archery practice in Aston Tor is at Wendell Park. Crossbows are not allowed.
· Regular populace meetings are there (for now).
· There is a possibility Abbott will be the new chatelaine, with Mellitus for deputy.
· We still need a deputy seneschal willing to step up in a few months, and a deputy exchequer.
· Need two event stewards. Ylva and Miranda will serve as resources for new event stewards. They have lists of people needed and steps to take they can share.
· Eibhilin has volunteered to be one of the two co-event stewards.
· Gustav has penciled us in at the Lutheran School.
· Eibhilin has another potential KK site to check out on 39th St. in Independence.
· Ysabel has volunteered to be the other co-event steward for KK.
· Mathurin volunteered to be merchant coordinator.
· Moira volunteered to be gate coordinator.
· Mellitus will schedule meeting rooms.
· Merchants should be contacted by Labor Day. Tables must be reserved before that.
Winter Fighter Practice Site:
· Need an indoor site by the end of September.
· No more than $45 an hour for three hours.
· Several places were discussed. The Masonic Temple downtown was rejected by most.
Archery Practice in Kearney:
· Requirements for an official Baronial practice were discussed, including publishing the address on the Internet, posting statement about bullying and collecting waivers.
· Waivers have not been collected for archery practice in the past, but they will be in the future.
· The cap on the number of attendees at an event and the mask requirement will be lifted July 1, 2021.