Curia Notes

Lorraine Gehring

Jun 11, 2021, 2:10:10 PMJun 11
to Barony Email List

June 9, 2021 Curia Minutes

Officers’ Reports

Knight’s Marshal:

·       Four new fighters in armor last week.

·       Three new stilé fighters this week.

·       A transferred MoD from another kingdom is here (for a while).

Archery:

·       Six or so shooters at Prairie Center last weekend.

·       Crossbows are OK at Prairie Center.

·       Archer marshal bought two new targets.

·       Sunday, June 13 will need to be an unofficial practice, since no marshals will be present.

Exchequer:

·       We have money – the same amount of money we’ve had for nearly 18 months.

Herald:

·       Logan’s badge transferred.

·       Taro’s badge was returned.

·       Four submissions in pipeline from BFS.

Webminister:

·       Officers are welcome to update their office descriptions if you want.

·       Modern information usually is not listed.

Arts and Sciences:

·       Queen’s Prize is in February. There will be no Kingdom A&S this year.

·       Baronial A&S is being planned. It will not include items that were entered in the Calontir Clothing Challenge (C3).

Their Excellencies:

·       Archery practice in Aston Tor is at Wendell Park. Crossbows are not allowed.

·       Regular populace meetings are there (for now).

Old Business

Officers Needed:

·       There is a possibility Abbott will be the new chatelaine, with Mellitus for deputy.

·       We still need a deputy seneschal willing to step up in a few months, and a deputy exchequer.

Kris Kinder:

·       Need two event stewards. Ylva and Miranda will serve as resources for new event stewards. They have lists of people needed and steps to take they can share.

·       Eibhilin has volunteered to be one of the two co-event stewards.

·       Gustav has penciled us in at the Lutheran School.

·       Eibhilin has another potential KK site to check out on 39th St. in Independence.

·       Ysabel has volunteered to be the other co-event steward for KK.

·       Mathurin volunteered to be merchant coordinator.

·       Moira volunteered to be gate coordinator.

·       Mellitus will schedule meeting rooms.

·       Merchants should be contacted by Labor Day. Tables must be reserved before that.

Winter Fighter Practice Site:

·       Need an indoor site by the end of September.

·       No more than $45 an hour for three hours.

·       Several places were discussed. The Masonic Temple downtown was rejected by most.

Archery Practice in Kearney:

·       Requirements for an official Baronial practice were discussed, including publishing the address on the Internet, posting statement about bullying and collecting waivers.

·       Waivers have not been collected for archery practice in the past, but they will be in the future.

Covid Mandates:

·       The cap on the number of attendees at an event and the mask requirement will be lifted July 1, 2021.

Dorcas or Jean

Jun 11, 2021, 2:46:44 PMJun 11
to lorrain...@gmail.com, Barony Email List
Thanks for posting the notes!

D^
This message was composed by typing with my thumbs.