Curia Notes

Lorraine Gehring

Nov 13, 2021, 4:11:47 PM11/13/21
to Barony Email List

Curia Notes for November 10, 2021

Officers’ Reports

Exchequer: We have money, approx. $14,000. Some Kris Kinder expenses were discussed.

Webminister: Nothing new.

Herald: Registered one alternative name. Eleven people in the pipeline. She has her gear and can consult if needed.

The Roll of Arms project worknight was last week. It will take place at Corinth Library on the first Thursday of each month. She will also bring Roll of Arms paints, etc., to practice.

Arts and Sciences: We have a good class schedule set up, and more classes will be announced for January and February.

Queen’s Prize Tournament is on February 12, 2022 in Auburn, KS (Crescent Moon). Let her know if you need a sponsor.

Marshal: We have fighters, roughly 6-12 steel and 6-12 rattan. We had to report two incidents. One was metal fatigue in a loaner steel sword. The other was a rolled ankle.

Aston Tor: Tor meeting is tomorrow (Thursday) night at the Top Hat Winery at 7 pm. There’s food, soft drinks and wine for purchase.

Tor should soon have a new exchequer. They are working on the Kris Kinder Inn plans.

Janos says he will need to recruit a few more volunteers for the KK clean-up crew from the Barony at large. There aren’t enough active Tor members to cover it all.

Chatelaine: She is arranging a Gold Key swap at Kris Kinder. We’ll share what we have too much of (such as size 3xl garb) with the Kingdom Gold Key and get some items we don’t have. People are encouraged to bring donations to KK. She will work with Mellitus to reserve a room.

Officers Needed: The Barony needs a drop-dead deputy for the exchequer. Other deputies are needed for arts and sciences, archery and chronicler.

Calontir COVIDSafe Policy: Beginning next week, November 17, everyone will need to show proof of vaccination and show a photo ID to enter the Armory.

Or you can bring proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours of the event.

Parents of 12- to 17-year-olds need to provide proof for their kids; children under 12 years old do not need to provide proof of vaccination or test.

Signs for the door were OK’d. Wording for the announcements was OK’d. Signs will be up at practice next week.

Signs for Kris Kinder were discussed. Big signs will be at the merchant and populace entrances (as well as the other SCA signage about bullying, etc.).

Paper wrist bands will be handed to people as they show their vaccination cards to Kris Kinder staff. It must be worn at the event. The band allows people to leave and reenter the building more easily.

Someone must check vaccination cards/negative tests as long as gate is open.

Kris Kinder: Baroness Ali will provide breakfast and lunch for TRM and TRH. Breakfast will be there for Them when They arrive, and she will make bag lunches.

Merchants: So far we have 34-35 merchants signed up. Waiting on a couple of checks. Still have tables. Event Steward Ysabel said she would post that to the Kingdom page and email list.

Arrangements were made with Avraham to get stuff from storage, and Janos said he would bring the outdoor smoking stations/signs.

HE asked about sign-up sheets for gate, load/unload crew, etc. They will be circulated soon.

Their Excellencies: HE Ali said TRM put out a call for largesse, but they particularly want “small, useful things.” No sewing kits, no small leather bags. No food or breakable stuff. Cloth masks and tabards were suggested since TRH will take the army to Gulf War this spring.

Baronial and Kingdom award recs are needed.

Coronation Bid: Waiting to see how the new KK site works out to finalize.

Bloody Trident Inn: Niall and Avraham previously discussed coins. Cecily said she has game descriptions she can share. Suggestion was made to share those with the new chronicler, Jorhildr. Suggestion was made to have a class about medieval games before the event.