Barnyard2 .336 Compiling failure using CYGWin

Michael Steele

Sep 5, 2015, 12:48:45 PM9/5/15
to barnyard2-devel
I’m not sure exactly what happed between 333 and 336 but I was able to compile 333 just fine, but .336 is failing.

Compiling .336 it appears to the compiling process wants DAQ compiled and installed. I was unable to complete the DAQ install process because it's needing LIBPCAP installed. Not sure why these would be required for a Win32 install?

I may be missing something here. I think I need some verification from someone on the Barnyard2 developers team. Is it’s still possible to compile Barnyard2 under Cygwin for Win32?

I’ve spent several hours on trying to move forward on this with not much luck.

I know .333 is working fine but at some point an update might be required and it's been a very long time since I have actually created a Win32 compile of Barnyard2 for Windows. I'm just trying to keep current.

Thanks from Winsnort.com

mich...@winsnort.com

Sep 12, 2015, 12:19:01 PM9/12/15
to barnyard2-devel
Is there anyone providing support, or at least answering questions in the developers group?

beenph

Sep 12, 2015, 3:23:08 PM9/12/15
to barnyar...@googlegroups.com
It only needs DAQ headers so you need to copy headers from daq into your include directory or add
daq header path as configure arguements to get further.

--

---

mich...@winsnort.com

Sep 13, 2015, 11:17:46 AM9/13/15
to barnyard2-devel
I was able to complete the PostgreSQL compile and verified it was working by adding several files, and one folder to the include folder using your suggestion.

Apparently the compiling process is only looking for these files, and they are not actually required for the WIN32 build, other than to be physically in the path.

When Barnyard2 beta (336+) goes stable will these files still be required for the WIN23 compile?

If so maybe the compiling process could be adjusted to bypass these checks for WIN32?

Thank you for the solution to this problem.