Drinks @ Diwali Party

Satish Reddy

Sep 12, 2013, 12:31:32 PM9/12/13
to barnsteaddiw...@googlegroups.com
Guys -  We need to discuss deep on having Drinks @ Diwali Party. Few of us raised about not having drinks at the Diwali party.

Ladies missed the meeting and they have very serious concerns about serving Alcohol @ the Diwali Party.

There is a Drive going on "Alcohol Free Diwali Party" :)..so before that picks up we have to take a decision.

If we still insist in having drinks , let's restrict them to Beer and Wine.

And also the budget we spent on Hard drinks, in the last years party is $597.14 which is very high.

Hard Liquor From Canteen  $                  472.14
Hard Liquor from ABC  $                  125.00

Please share your thoughts !

--
Cheers
Satish Reddy

Sreedhar R Malipeddi

Sep 12, 2013, 12:33:47 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
Let's VOTE on it, don't forget to include out better halfs on the poll.

Sreedhar.

Laksh Nukala

Sep 12, 2013, 12:36:55 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com, BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
How about just beer and wine?

Laksh Nukala

ashwan...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2013, 12:39:29 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com, BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
Diwali party turning into voting campaign now.
 Looks like elections are hitting barnstead soon -:(
Sent from my Mobile

Shwetal Mehta

Sep 12, 2013, 12:51:49 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com

I vote to have 251 different diwali parties so that every single preference can be accommodated.

I want a party with out performances with Tacos for dinner and a ice cold beverage.

In short we have always had drinks,  why put it up for debate?

Thanks

Shwetal

Shashi Goli

Sep 12, 2013, 12:58:35 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com

Agree with Malipeddi, Lets have a surveymonkey for this too and ladies also can vote this time.

Satish Reddy

Sep 12, 2013, 1:02:23 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
Guys - Let's not for voting...Just solve this issue amicably !
Cheers
Satish Reddy

Satish Reddy

Sep 12, 2013, 1:02:37 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
Guys - Let's not go for voting...Just solve this issue amicably !
--
Cheers
Satish Reddy

Shwetal Mehta

Sep 12, 2013, 1:11:18 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
Okay,  I am willing to trade liquor for a belly dancer and tacos!

Ashwani Mayur

Sep 12, 2013, 1:14:14 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
If we get belly dancers, I would like to see a live telecast from plane. Please ensure to arrange that too :-)

_________________________________
Ashwani Mayur
43397 Barnstead Drive, Ashburn, VA - 20148

Mahender dev

Sep 12, 2013, 1:24:08 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com

Actually where is the issue? Party means all inluded. Pooja means no drinks we all following that strictly.  :)

Jag

Sep 12, 2013, 1:28:15 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com, BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
Agree with Mahender and Satish

All food is ok including drinks

Lets not vote and introduce unknown complications here

- jagadish

Sent from my iPhone

Satish Reddy

Sep 12, 2013, 1:44:31 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
OK...Looks like the discussion is going in a different way....let's go for voting to hear everyone's opinion. Wait for the Surveymoney :)

Satish

Praveen Srivastava

Sep 12, 2013, 1:52:12 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
Can somebody create a survey monkey listing following.

1) Drink choice, include hard liquor brand, all wine brand, all beer brand.
2) We should not discriminate the kids and create survey for them asking them drink they like, Pepsi, cola, juice etc.
3) Food option, please include all dishes, biryani, naan vs tandoori roti, chicken( leg peice vs breast), goat meat, fish, vegetable choices.
4) Cutlery choice, Costco vs walmart vs dollor stores.

feel free include any other item of your choice.

Satish Reddy

Sep 12, 2013, 1:53:23 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
I am doing it Praveen !

Satish Reddy

Sep 12, 2013, 1:59:33 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
Praveen  - For now, I am creating a survey on having Drinks...Sorry..I didn't read your complete email before. Do we really have problems on those issues. If then we can talk them in the next meeting I guess.

--
Cheers
Satish Reddy

Jag

Sep 12, 2013, 2:02:16 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com, BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
Satish
What is the accomplishment here?

I think usually its the committee to decide

If we are asking all these questions and open it up for all the community folks, it would be like putting up all the questions that we talk during our meetings into a survey and then voted upon

Not sure where its headed

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Shwetal Mehta

Sep 12, 2013, 2:08:45 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com

I am with Praveen.  We should be comprehensive in the survey.

Don't mean to shoot the messenger.

Shwetal Mehta

Sep 12, 2013, 2:12:15 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com

We will have a diwali committee meeting this Sunday at my house.  We decide this issue at that time.  Ladies are welcome and encouraged to attend.

Satish Reddy

Sep 12, 2013, 2:34:49 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
OK Guys... Jokes apart. Lets meet up @ Shwetal's house on this Sunday @ 8 PM. Let's decide on Sunday  Alcohol or Limited Alcohol

Praveen will be creating his own survey with his Q's and send us later :) It's up to you to answer.

PS : No Alcohol served @ the meeting  :)

Praveen Srivastava

Sep 12, 2013, 3:55:17 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
On serious note..WE cannot stop drinking at the party, even if we don't supply and don't get permit for drinking. Most of the people will bring alcohol in their car and almost everybody will drink without permit, which will be illegal and facility will also not like it.

Is there any genuine reason that we don't want alcohol to be served. I think everybody is adult here and know his limit.

vikram chirumamilla

Sep 12, 2013, 6:32:03 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
Friends -
As many would agree, drinks add fun to Diwali. But, equally important and valid is the concern of families or ladies that do not drink.
Let's address this issue also in the meeting by still keeping drinks for Diwali. You do not want others to pay for your drinks just as much as drinks add significantly to the expense that could be spent elsewhere, and not just because some prefer to not pay at all.

Is it possible to create a separate contribution for the bar for folks, like me, that have to drink?...Something to discuss in the meeting.

Vikram

Krishna Nagaraj

Sep 12, 2013, 7:01:33 PM9/12/13
to vikram.ch...@gmail.com, BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
I'm extending below thought. I and many of us are vegetarians. I dont think it would be fair for vegetarians to pay for all the non veg food. May be nonveg folks have to create a seperate fund. If others have similar ideas please bring it to the table. We might end up with a few funds.

Regards,

Krishna
703-989-6440

Shwetal Mehta

Sep 12, 2013, 7:17:08 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com, vikram.ch...@gmail.com

I agree with you Krishna, I don't eat rice, and I don't dance.   So please make the DJ and rice dishes as options.

But sarcasm aside,  this is an all inclusive price and trying to do variable pricing is simply a slippery slope.

Also,  this is a Party first and foremost,  so it should be fun for all.

I personally don't drink,  but others do,  and I will not impose my will on them.

Just my thoughts,  and only mine.

Vamsee Chepur

Sep 12, 2013, 7:17:19 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com, vikram.ch...@gmail.com
Chill... Guys lets avoid emails and hold off our thoughts until we meet for our next meeting.

Satish Narala

Sep 12, 2013, 7:32:29 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com, BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com, vikram.ch...@gmail.com
Guys - Please lets not go into another set of issues.

We need to decide either to have Beer and Wine or Hard Liquor in the Diwali Party.

Maintaining various pricing is not possible...we are all doing volunteer work and no one have that much time to maintain all the pricing..it's all inclusive in the Price..whether you eat non veg or not ..either you drink or not ..the Price is same $160. If you have any Q's on price, please discuss on Sunday evening meeting.

Satish Narala
Sent from my iPhone

Sanjay Rao

Sep 12, 2013, 10:59:54 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com, vikram.ch...@gmail.com
This is way too much to catch up right after coming up. Why do we have to discuss all these every year? We have to understand that we "cannot" satisfy everyone. If there should be voting, it should be restricted only to the Diwali committee. If somebody has any concern please suggest them to become part of the committee and raise the issue in the meeting.

- Sanjay

=================
Sanjay S. Rao
san...@4raos.com
703-869-1461

Satish Reddy

Sep 12, 2013, 11:17:50 PM9/12/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
Sanjay !!! You have lot of things to Catch up. We had only one Voting and it is only restricted to Diwali Committee members. Members in Diwali Committee are raising concerns and we are having meeting on Sunday evening. Please try to attend.

Satish
Cheers
Satish Reddy

Laksh Nukala

Sep 13, 2013, 9:34:46 AM9/13/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com, BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
There is never a situation where all of people involved come away satisfied. Voting just takes away the "decision making bias" but never really addresses the underlying cause of dissatisfaction. That's just the way things are. The sooner we all recognize this reality the better it is for having fun.

Laksh Nukala

Satish Narala

Sep 15, 2013, 2:12:02 PM9/15/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
Diwali meeting tonight  @ Shwetal's house  @ 8 PM.

Satish Narala
Sent from my iPhone

Vamsee Chepur

Sep 15, 2013, 2:45:59 PM9/15/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
Sorry guys, will be missing this tonight. Have a dinner party at a friends place.

Praveen Srivastava

Sep 15, 2013, 4:09:31 PM9/15/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
I am still debating is it worth while attending this meeting or even to have meeting for this. We are all putting a lot of time and effort for making this party a success and if we starting having meeting for each and every issue, we will be wasting everybody time.

I feel if somebody want to have drink or not it is his personal choice and we should not enforce our view on somebody else.

Sanjay Rao

Sep 15, 2013, 4:39:36 PM9/15/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
   Since we have already decided to debate this topic,  it is better to go with open mind, hear the arguments of both sides and decide based on the merits of arguments.

=================
Sanjay S. Rao
san...@4raos.com
703-869-1461

Shwetal Mehta

Sep 15, 2013, 4:44:42 PM9/15/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com

This issue aside,  we still need to meet to discuss status.

Satish Narala

Sep 15, 2013, 5:04:33 PM9/15/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
Meeting will be as per the schedule. We have to take final decision on Drinks and will follow for the coming years. If we want drinks let's convince others how we are going to handle it.

Praveen - We had couple of meetings so far on Diwali and we didn't feel they are not worth. Try to attend if you feel it's worth other wise it's up to you.

Lets give others a chance to share their views. Few guys can't take decision and apply on all others.

Appreciate if you all join in the evening and discuss our issues amicably.

Satish Narala
Sent from my iPhone

Mahender dev

Sep 15, 2013, 6:50:21 PM9/15/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com

Agree, lets meet and know about status.

jines...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2013, 8:33:55 PM9/15/13
to BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com, BarnsteadDiw...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, Can't make it today, I will get information from one of you guys.

Sent from my iPhone