Re: .pkg package file won't download

Edward Li

May 9, 2021, 12:34:56 PM5/9/21
to Amos Causey, support
Hi Amos,

Of course!  :)

You can go here: https://www.barnabasrobotics.com/resources-software-archive/ and click on "Manual Software Install" under Mac.

A couple tips:
1) If you plan to use text coding instead of block coding, you don't need to install Ardublock.
2) Newest releases of the mac already can talk to the Arduino/Barnabas hardware, so you may not need to install CH341 USB driver.  I would try uploading code to your Racer first.  It may work without doing that install.  If it doesn't work, then you'll need to do the CH341 USB driver install.

Feel free to reach out if you get stuck at any point!

Best Regards,

Edward Li

Barnabas_Robotics_Logo.jpg

Edward Li

BARNABAS ROBOTICS

Co-Founder | Chief Encourager

Phone:  626.578.5390

www.barnabasrobotics.com

www.facebook.com/barnabasrobotics

Schedule A Meeting!

On Sun, May 9, 2021 at 7:45 AM Amos Causey <amosc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Edward!

Thank you for replying so quickly! Yes, please send me the information on the manual download.

Peace

On Sun, May 9, 2021 at 2:29 AM Edward Li <edw...@barnabasrobotics.com> wrote:
Hi Amos!

First of all, thanks for purchasing our Racer!

Yes, our pkg is free of malware.  I can guarantee that (I wrote the installer myself).
The pkg just isn't digitally signed yet (something we're working on).

For your reference, the pkg includes a script that installs the official Arduino IDE and also installs the Ardublock block coding software + USB drivers.

If you prefer to download the official Arduino IDE and install the items manually, I'm happy to send you the details on that too.  This process is a little more time consuming but would bypass the need to use our pkg.

Just let me know.  I'm here to help!

Best Regards,
Edward Li

BARNABAS ROBOTICS
Co-Founder | Chief Encourager
Phone:  626.578.5390

www.barnabasrobotics.com
www.facebook.com/barnabasrobotics

On Sat, May 8, 2021, 9:43 PM Amos Causey <amosc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Greetings. I just purchased the barnabas racer. I'm trying to install the IDE to my mac desktop but my computer will not allow it because it cannot verify if the download is free of malware. Why would I get that message? Do you guarantee the download to be free of malware?