HTTP server

Adrien

May 20, 2015, 4:23:27 PM5/20/15
to bareme...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

I discovered this project and I thought you would be interested.

Web server for Linux written in amd64 assembly.

Adrien

42Bastian

May 21, 2015, 12:02:10 AM5/21/15
to bareme...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrien

> I discovered this project and I thought you would be interested.
>
> https://github.com/nemasu/asmttpd
>
> Web server for Linux written in amd64 assembly.

Interesting, but the guy who wrote it, thinks comments are oldskool.

But stop, found some (string.asm):

mul rbx ; multiply value by multiplier
add r8, rax ; add result to running total

*hahaha*

Cheers,
--
42Bastian

Ian Seyler

May 21, 2015, 9:31:33 AM5/21/15
to bareme...@googlegroups.com, eb...@monlynx.de
Agreed that this is interesting. Too bad it uses the Linux system calls to do all of the TCP/IP work.

In other news I have a TCP/IP stack (and web server) written in C. Now that I understand the fundamentals of TCP/IP I can work on re-writing it in Assembly.

-Ian