Proposed changes

Tim M

Sep 29, 2015, 9:37:11 AM9/29/15
to BareMetal OS
Hi All,

I have some ideas on some needed changes to BMOS. The core that runs CLI, 42Bastian this means command line interface LOL, only handles the cli and does not do any other work that I can tell. To most, this OS is not a ton of use EXCEPT those like me that run it on a cluster. I propose that all cores get started and wait for either a cli input or a network packet. Which ever core "accepts" the input (cli or network) will be the core that does that work. Of course have hooks in it so that you can issue a job to all cores or a single core that you desire. Yea, I know it is starting to sound like what I envision BareMetal Node to be, but the source for it is not published or I would be using it.

The 2nd phase of changes would be to design a windows and linux GUI to issue the work to the workers. Yet to even be though about at this point, but I know it is needed.

-Tim