Raw Audio Programming

Hananto Herlambang

Nov 2, 2016, 11:42:54 AM11/2/16
to BareMetal OS
Dear all,

I am looking for C/ASM audio programming example for BMOS. Is there any API like sndio (OpenBSD) for BMOS?
My simple application would be:

1. Take raw audio for example 44100hz/16-bit/lsb/signed
2. Output to speaker.

I appreciate any help you could give me.

Best Regards,

Hananto Herlambang

Ian Seyler

Nov 2, 2016, 11:52:23 AM11/2/16
to BareMetal OS
Hello Hananto,

The issue here would be how the IO to the sound device/speaker is handled as there are no audio drivers for the OS.

-Ian

Hananto Herlambang

Nov 3, 2016, 2:59:43 AM11/3/16
to BareMetal OS
Hi Ian,

Thank you for the explanation.

Best Regards

Benjamin Scherrey

Nov 3, 2016, 3:03:10 AM11/3/16
to bareme...@googlegroups.com
You would need to get the specs on your audio board and code directly to that. USB devices can be un-fun because the USB standard is so complex. I'm not sure if BareMetal has any USB support yet but that might be something worth doing.

  -- Ben Scherrey