CHANGE IN DELIVERY METHOD -- Everyone will be on "Daily Digest" starting July 10 or soon after

bareboards arts & entertainment listserve

Jul 10, 2024, 8:33:27 PM (5 days ago) Jul 10
to google group
There is a really good reason why "individual delivery" is being switched to "Daily Digest". I won't bore everyone with the reason -- shoot me a quick email, and I will explain.

What does this mean for everyone, including those who send me notices to post?

I WILL NO LONGER POST LATE NOTICES OF EVENTS, except for cancellation notices.

I sometimes get notices on the day of the event. Since everyone will be on Daily Digest, it is wasted effort to send a notice out.

I will send out cancellation notices, though. They can only be seen if you go look on the Google Groups link noted below (or google bareboards arts & entertainment listserve -- it should pop right up.)

If weather is bad, if another Global Pandemic causes mass cancellations, it would behoove folks to look at the Google Groups site to be sure the event is still on. That might be wasted effort on my part, but that is worth it to me. If it saves one person a trip, that is "pay" enough for me.

For those currently on individual delivery, how will your notices look different?

Your inbox will be decluttered.

At about 2-2:30 am, Google Groups, the free listserve software that is used, will send out one email. It will have a list of every notice from the day before, up until about 2 am. You will see the email subject lines that you are used to, but in one organized list.

IMAGES WILL ONLY BE SEEN ON THE GOOGLE GROUPS PAGE

If there is something in the subject line that says [ARTWORK IMAGE] or [POSTER IMAGE]  or [MUSICIAN IMAGE], you will have to click on the hyperlink in the email and you will be taken to the Google Groups page where you can see the image.

Sometimes I forget to put [IMAGE] in the subject line. If you see a little broken image icon in the listing, that usually means I screwed up. Click through if you are curious, if you happen to notice.

I don't do this lightly.

Bareboards started out with all individual postings, and the benefits are real to those who have chosen to get each notice. However, the costs have grown and it is in everyone's best interest that Daily Digest is the means of delivery. Mysterious, but true!  (If I end up getting loads and loads of requests for "what the heck??!!!, I will do a group email in two days. It isn't a secret. Just.... unnecessary detail. Probably)

Thanks for subscribing.

The listserve is my joy. To provide this free service to the entire community is the bedrock to my day.

Gale
admin for....  30 years or so?

Go to
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/bareboardsartsentertainment to see all bareboards postings -- a great resource if you think you missed something, a great place to search quickly for events in town.

Want to
change your email address or be removed from this listserve?
Just send a quick email to bareb...@gmail.com

Want to help spread the word? Share this email address with your friends -- it is easy to get arts & entertainment information sent direct to your email inbox!
Just send a quick email to bareb...@gmail.com