spam on the wiki

Joanna McLeod

Apr 13, 2010, 2:22:08 PM4/13/10
to barcampwell...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to change the access settings on the wiki so that we don't keep getting spam posts coming through on RSS? I've had a look and though I can and have been deleting previous spams, I can't figure out how to stop new ones coming through. Could someone take ten minutes and sort this out please?

Cheers!

Mike Riversdale

Apr 13, 2010, 6:18:22 PM4/13/10
to barcampwell...@googlegroups.com
Yes

Go to 'Group Settings > Access'
Make sure, in "Message Moderation" you have ticked:
  • Messages from new members are moderated
That'll stop the crap getting through
You'll need to authorise all new messages from newbies - click "Always allow" for those you want to be let through

Hope that helps

Cheers, Mike Riversdale

tel: +64 (0)21-169 1359
Skype: mike.riversdale
email: mike.ri...@miramarmike.co.nz
web: http://www.miramarmike.co.nz
---------
MiramarMike.co.nz - Connecting people to people via information