BarCampPortland and Ignite Portland

Dawn Foster

Feb 21, 2010, 8:28:05 PM2/21/10
to BarCampPortland
I just wanted to let everyone know about a couple of upcoming Legion
of Tech events, BarCampPortland 4 and Ignite Portland 8.

** BarCampPortland 4 **

http://barcampportland.org/

The fourth annual BarCampPortland will be May 22, at the University of
Portland campus. We are trying something new this year — we will be
sharing the venue with Portland Code Camp, another great tech event
that many of the developers among us enjoy. Both events are (and
always have been) free.

Want to get involved?
* Volunteer: If you’d like to get involved with planning and
preparations, please contact Amy Farrell (amykfarrell on gmail).
* Sponsor BarCamp: These events can’t be successful without our
sponsors. Contact Dawn Foster (geekygirldawn on gmail) if you’re
interested in sponsoring BarCamp.
* Follow us on Twitter: @BarCampPortland
* Tell your friends!

The next combined BarCamp/Code Camp planning meeting will be Monday,
February 22, at 6:30 pm. If you’d like to be involved, please get in
touch!

** Ignite Portland 8 **

http://www.igniteportland.com/

Ignite Portland 8 is on 3/3/2010 at the Bagdad on Hawthorne. Doors
open at 5:30 pm and the event starts at 7. We look forward to seeing
you there!

The folks from 30 Hour Day will be collecting food for the Oregon Food
Bank. Bring a canned or boxed good to donate if you can!

We've got a great lineup of talks:
* Drink Your Way to a Better You - Andy Beach
* Mission to "Mars" - David D. Levine
* How to un-rig an election - Selena Deckelmann
* Travels with Our Cats: A Lazy Person's Guide to Taking the Trip
of a Lifetime - DeeAnn Sole
* The Gatekeeper Phenomenon - Audrey Rose Goldfarb
* Legends of Rock - Matthew Douglass
* The Beginner's Guide to Psychiatric Hospitalization - Jean
MacDonald
* A Fabber In Every Household - Erik Chevalier
* Video Production on the Cheap - Phillip Kerman
* 5 Behaviors That Will Keep My Hot, Smart Friends From Dating You
- Beverly Fields
* The Bag Lady - Sheetal Dube
* How to Hit Writer's Block in the Face with a Shovel - Liz Argall
* Dr. Seuss and his Secret, Evil Mind-Control Plan: A Cautionary
Tale - Gene Ehrbar
* Why Wikipedians are the Weirdest People on the Internet - Steven
Walling
* Ugly is the New Beautiful - Kristin Webb-Tomson
* This is your brain on people - Sarina Rodrigues
* How to be Unemployed - Maxwell Radi
* An Introduction to Hyperbolic Geometry - Amber Case
* Deadwood, South Dakota's most notorious madam, Influenza
Pandemics, and why I'm probably alive today - Lee Williamson
* How to Write Sketch Comedy - Scott Rogers and Bob Ladewig