Ignite Portland, BarCampPortland, and more cool events

Dawn Foster

Jan 21, 2009, 5:58:30 PM1/21/09
to BarCampPortland
Ignite Portland: Feb 19th (A Legion of Tech Event)

It's almost time for Ignite Portland once again! Here's what you need
to know:

* Ignite Portland 5 will happen on February 19th at Bagdad Theater
from 7:00pm to 10:00pm.
* We suggest arriving early to order some food and get a good
seat.
* Ticketholders get in at 5:15pm
* General Admission is at 6:00pm
* Admission is always FREE.

Tickets will be available on our site igniteportland.com on Feb 5th at
10:00am. As always tickets are free. If you don't get a ticket,
don't despair: there will be some general admission at the door.

You still have time to submit your idea for Ignite Portland 5!
Submissions will be accepted until 11:59pm on Saturday, January 24.
We'll announce the selected talks on January 30th.

We are doing something new for Ignite Portland 5. We're accepting 15
second long videos from you, which we will play during the breaks.
Want to contribute something to Ignite Portland without having to go
on stage? Submit your own "15 seconds of Flame" video!

Ignite Portland relies on sponsorships to make this event possible.
Ignite Portland is a nonprofit event and all sponsorship dollars go
toward the costs of putting on the event.

You can learn more about any of the above topics by visiting
http://www.igniteportland.com. We're looking forward to another great
Ignite Portland and hope to see you there!

-----------------

RecentChangesCamp: Feb 20-22 (NOT affiliated with Legion of Tech)

February 20-22, 2009
University Place Hotel, Portland State University, Portland, OR
Free to attend

Recent Changes Camp was born from the intersection of wiki and Open
Space. Going far beyond technology, we're interested in wiki culture
and other networks/groups/etc. that share many of the values implicit
in it — from cultural creatives, to public participation and free
culture advocates. If you use a wiki or you value open collaboration,
Recent Changes Camp is created for you. RCC is about openness and
inclusion, collaboration and community, creativity and flow.

Visit the wiki for more information: http://2009rcc.org/wagn/invitation

---------------

BeaverBarCamp III & Ignite Corvallis April 3-4 (NOT affiliated with
Legion of Tech)

Ignite Corvallis: Friday 4/3 - Details TBD
BeaverBarCamp: Saturday 4/4 - 10:00am - 11:00pm at Kelley Engineering
Center at Oregon State University; 2500 Monroe, Corvallis, OR

Planning is just kicking off now, so you can still volunteer to help
out or sponsor these events. You can keep up with these events and
learn more by following @beaverbarcamp and @ignitecorvallis on Twitter
or by visiting
http://barcamp.org/BeaverBarCamp and http://ignitecorvallis.com/

---------------

BarCampPortland 3 May 1-2 (A Legion of Tech Event)

May 1 and 2, 2009
Location: Cubespace 622 SE Grand Ave., Portland, OR

What to do now.
* RSVP for the event on Upcoming; edit the wiki and add yourself to
the "Campers" section to help us learn more about you
* Sponsor! These events can't be successful without our sponsors.
Contact Todd Kenefsky (kenefsky on gmail) if you would like to sponsor
a portion of the event.
* Offer to help! Add your name to the calls for volunteers
* Tell your friends: Don't forget to use the BarCampPortland tag when
blogging, posting pictures, etc.

Learn more and get links to the RSVP page, sponsorship info, and more
by visiting http://barcamp.org/BarCampPortland