Legion of Tech Happy Hour Meetup, WhereCamp & Other Events

Dawn Foster

Sep 17, 2008, 10:53:21 AM9/17/08
to BarCampPortland
The Legion of Tech Happy Hour Meetup (used to be called the BarCamp
Meetup) will be on the brand new patio (with wifi) at the Green Dragon
on Aug 28th. We'd love to have someone sponsor (aka buy us beer), so
contact me if you are interested in sponsoring the meetup.

Legion of Tech Happy Hour Meetup
Thursday, September 25th
5:30pm - 7:30pm
Green Dragon Bistro & Brewpub (on the patio)
928 SE 9th Ave
RSVP here: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1107243

*** WhereCampPDX! ***

We still need sponsors for this event. For more details:
http://www.wherecamppdx.org/sponsorships/

Legion of Tech is also organizing the first WhereCampPDX. WhereCampPDX
is a free unconference focusing on all things geographical. This
informal meeting of minds welcomes all geo-locative enthusiasts,
anyone who asks “where am I” or feels the need to “know their place”
with a vision of a fully transparent world where data is
geographically relevant and just in time.

It is an unconference (like BarCamp), which is a conference planned by
the participants where we all convene together, plan sessions, and
have break-outs into sessions. This gives everybody an opportunity to
bring to the table the things that interest them the most and lets us
talk about new topics that are still new and exploratory. Part of
what is important to hearing new voices and getting new ideas is
lowering barriers to participation - this event is free and it is
driven by the participants.

WhereCampPDX
Friday, October 17 - Sunday, October 19th
Souk Meeting Space
322 NW 6th Avenue, Suite 200, Portland
RSVP here: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1090645

*** Ignite Portland 4 ***

November 13th
Bagdad Theater
3702 S.E. Hawthorne Blvd., Portland
7:00 - 10:00 PM
More details coming soon at http://www.igniteportland.com/

Dawn Foster

Sep 17, 2008, 12:55:45 PM9/17/08
to BarCampPortland
oops. Replace that Aug. 28th date in the first paragraph with Sept.
25th. Um, unless someone has a time machine that we want to borrow to

Dawn