Teaching Kids to Code at OURM

Tony Winn

Oct 13, 2011, 11:24:56 AM10/13/11
to BarCampOrlando - Discussion
For the past couple months I've been volunteering at the Orlando Union
Rescue Mission teaching the students there (age 10 - 17) how to write
html. It's been going really well and the students are excited about
what they're learning. We really could use some more volunteers to
help. As we're getting into more complex stuff one on one attention is
crucial. Hanging out with the students at OURM is one of my favorite
things I get to do. You'll have a great time and have a positive
impact on some kids in rough circumstances. It's just an hour and half
once every other week. The next class is October 24th at 7pm. Send me
an email if you're able to come help out.

Thanks so much,

Tony Winn
to...@envylabs.com

VikingGoat

Oct 14, 2011, 9:44:06 AM10/14/11
to BarCampOrlando - Discussion
I'd like to help out, keep me in mind while I check my availability.
> t...@envylabs.com

Robert Lefebvre

Oct 14, 2011, 3:21:22 PM10/14/11
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony,

Have you considered introducing the kids to distance learning? My thought is that a Moodle install would enable just
such a thing, might make it easier to get volunteers, introduce the kids to some valuable online learning and study methods etc.

Sincerely,
Robert Lefebure

BungeeBones.com - A B2B Link Exchange - Free Links in limited locations - human edited and reviewed - Networked online advertising business opportunities available through our free, distributed web directory script