GiveCamp, Any Local

1 view

spott...@gmail.com

May 5, 2009, 9:44:39 AM5/5/09
to BarCampOrlando - Discussion
I was just reading a DevExpress newsletter where I clicked on a link
for GiveCamp Lansing, http://lansinggivecamp.org/Default.aspx,

Interesting concept, do we have anything like this locally?

From there home page:

What Is Give Camp?

A GiveCamp is a weekend-long event where software developers,
designers, and database administrators donate their time to create
custom software for non-profit organizations. This custom software
could be a new website for the nonprofit organization, a small data-
collection application to keep track of members, or a application for
the Red Cross that automatically emails a blood donor three months
after they’ve donated blood to remind them that they are now eligible
to donate again. The only limitation is that the project should be
scoped to be able to be completed in a weekend.

Ryan Price

May 5, 2009, 9:49:12 AM5/5/09
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
We will have once you pick a time and place to do it!

I have been talking about doing this type of event before the first
BarCamp Orlando, but there has been no organizational steam behind it.

At the very least, pick a date and place to have the first meeting to
talk about it.

Peace,
Ryan
rpr...@ryanpricemedia.com
@liberatr

P.S. I know a few people who may be interested in a similar concept:
http://floridacreatives.com/group/corporate-social-responsibility

George Drage

May 5, 2009, 3:27:17 PM5/5/09
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
We have something very similar to that going on June 5-7 called
Startup Weekend. Located at CoLab Orlando. You can check out the event
at http://startupweekendorlando.com or register for the event at http://sworlando.eventbrite.com
.

George
@gdrage or @startuporlando