BarCampNYC6 Planning

Shane Reustle

Feb 18, 2011, 11:33:19 PM2/18/11
to barcampnyc5, barcampnyc6
Hi all!

I am really excited to get the ball rolling with this years BarCamp! We are going to have a great time. I have already started talking with some people about venues (General Assembly) and sponsors, so things are progressing well. I plan to bring it up at this Tuesdays NYHacker meetup (nyhacker.org) and get their thoughts on the event. From there, I will post what we discuss on this mailing list and try to get some interested people to join in. It is already mid Feb, so I think sticking with the April date would be a bit difficult. I think shooting for late April or May would be our best bet, possibly even June? BarCamp Boston is on April 9th and 10th so we don't want to overlap them again like last year. The goal is to have BarCampNYC set up as a 2 day event, like last year.

The guys that organized BarCampNYC last year have been kind enough to offer their support and connections that will help us pull this off. I will contact them about the BarCampNYC domains and twitter account, to help promote the event.

Once we have a date in place (which we need suggestions for!), we can start spreading the word! We just need to be sure we don't overlap any other popular tech events (SXSW, BarCamp Boston, InternetWeekNY, etc)

Thanks, really looking forward to working with everyone!

Please feel free to reply to this message with any suggestions, questions or tips you may have.

--
Shane Reustle