Raw notes from the meeting

1 view

Eric Skiff

Apr 7, 2010, 8:04:06 PM4/7/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
BarCampNYC5 TODO

The space is AWESOME - thanks Pete!!!!

*Solicit volunteers
   * Lobby (1st hour) to coordinate getting people downstairs, deliver donuts to security
   * Greeter at top of elevator, helping with name badges (rotating shifts)
   * setup & breakdown
       * Friday 5pm+ - Eric, Rachel, Jeff, 1 more?
       * Saturday food unloading & initial setup at 8:45AM (coordinate with peter first)
       * Food facilitators both days
   * cleanup crew - sunday night (30 min max)
   * A/V Club (mac adaptors, etc)

* Push sponsorship (Pete will put on Amex and keep receipts beyond 500)
   * NWC?
   * KeenKong
* Tweet tweet tweet
* 2 Email out to attendees
   * volunteers and general info
   * 3 days before - logistics, etc
* Add details to wiki for MS location, etc
* Pastable blog blurb ("I'm attending BarCampNYC5")

GENERAL EVENT PLANNING:

Start and end times?
   * Doors open at 10, kickoff at 10:30, first talks at 11AM
   * Event ends at MS at 10, people can hang out at Roger Smith Hotel after? (Tony, are you chummy with RSH folks?)

--
Eric Skiff
http://ericskiff.com

What I'm Reading: http://rigeekulous.amplify.com | Twitter: http://twitter.com/ericskiff | NYC Resistor: http://NYCResistor.com

Peter Laudati

Apr 7, 2010, 10:44:52 PM4/7/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
Thought of one more task on the ride home: Obtain paper/post it notes for schedule wall & markers that can be used for badges.  Oh... I guess that means paper for the organizer badges too!

Giuseppe Turitto

Apr 7, 2010, 10:48:44 PM4/7/10
to Eric Skiff, barcampnyc5
I am offering myself to go and help on Friday at 5:00pm (also I can
drop the T-shirts, so they are there early in the morning).
I could help at the Lobby, and bring the Coffee and Donuts to the
security guy's. (are we talking that we need to do this, Saturday, and
Sunday?). Or help with the food unloading.

And help with anything else that could be necessary.

Regards,
Giuseppe Turitto

Giuseppe Turitto

Apr 7, 2010, 10:59:02 PM4/7/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
Peter can you get those items on BJ's I guess they are cheaper, than Staples.

Regards,
Giuseppe Turitto

Peter Chislett

Apr 8, 2010, 10:33:02 AM4/8/10
to BarCampNYC5
We do NOT have to purchase several core organizer camp supplies. I
have a pile of leftover sharpies of all colors, markers, blue painters
tape, paper (colored & white), and lanyard badge holders (for
organizers). Remnants of various camp organizing activities -
BarCampNYC4, Laidoffcamp, MatchupCamp, etc.

As I mentioned earlier, I will be assisting Peter L with shopping
duties next Friday, and Rachel with setup Friday @5p. NWC will be
supplying a cooler on wheels and two tubs.

I'm still not clear about the type of attendee badges we're providing,
either way they need to be provisioned. (and no... I am not
volunteering to "produce" the badges this year)

If we're not providing lunch we need to draw up a list options that
include directions for attendees, and provide details on where the
after eats/drinks are going to be Saturday night.

FYI - There are ONLY 118 people listed as attendees.

--peter

Eric Skiff

Apr 8, 2010, 10:57:26 AM4/8/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
Great, Thanks Peter!

If anyone would like to take up the job of printing name stickers, that would be a really big help! Ideally we'd have 250 for each day.
The design would generally be something like:

----------------------------------------------------|
|  BarCampNYC5                           LOGO LOGO
|                                        LOGO LOGO
|                                        LOGO LOGO
|

|  NAME _______________________________
|

|  TAGS ___________________________
|
|       ___________________________
|
|       ___________________________
|______________________________________________________

They can be super-simple laser printed B&W on standard avery nametag labels :)

Anyone up for taking care of that?

-E

Eric Skiff

Apr 8, 2010, 11:25:03 AM4/8/10
to Liz, barca...@googlegroups.com
I've been spreading the word mostly by email thusfar, but sent out a few tweets last night, and it's definitely time to start promoting :) I'm going to see if I can track down the login for the BarCampNYC twitter account now - our cotweet connection to it expired.

But ya, tweeting, promoting, etc is definitely a good thing at this point! :)

-E

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Liz <nwjer...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Is there a reason you haven't been sending out Tweets about this? Most people I've spoken to don't know about the event.

Giuseppe Turitto

Apr 8, 2010, 11:36:54 AM4/8/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
I can take care of this. How many should be printed.

Regards,
Giuseppe Turitto

Giuseppe Turitto

Apr 8, 2010, 11:38:15 AM4/8/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
SORRY, I misread, OK 500 tag's

Regards,
Giuseppe Turitto

Eric Skiff

Apr 8, 2010, 11:38:02 AM4/8/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
I think 500 total should more than cover us :)
-E

Giuseppe Turitto

Apr 8, 2010, 11:39:33 AM4/8/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
somebody has the Avery sticker's or I should get them?

Regards,
Giuseppe Turitto

jonathan berger

Apr 8, 2010, 11:39:50 AM4/8/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com, Liz
I've got the cotweet account and it seems to be up and running. I'll
send skiff another invite, but anyone who wants an account should let
me know.

--
_________________________
@jonathanpberger

Peter Chislett

Apr 8, 2010, 11:40:41 AM4/8/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
I just tweeted out from the barcampnyc account via my cotweet account.

"It's that time of the year! Tickets for BarCampNYC5 are now available
and going fast! Details and reg here: http://register.barcampnyc.org"

jonathan berger has the admin deets.

--peter

Giuseppe Turitto

Apr 9, 2010, 6:50:33 PM4/9/10
to Eric Skiff, barcampnyc5
I got them, I will be printing during the week. I tough that the other
ones, are better, since will it some how help us to save some money.
We get 250 of them, we give the badges for people to write on it, and
after that they can reuse them on Sunday.

No worries, I got the 500 sticky labels.

In the BarCamp 3 (my first one), i remember we had some round sticker
to put on the badges, so people could say, put any photo of me on
Flickr and Tag Me, Only put my photo, and respect my privacy. What do
you think (since I can use the color printer to print the label's), we
use the same thing with the color's?

What do you think?

Regards,
Giuseppe Turitto