Re: It's go time! (meeting?)

Eric Skiff

Mar 29, 2010, 10:54:40 AM3/29/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
I'm happy to meet up if folks would like!
Here's a doodle for times this week, what works for you?

http://doodle.com/82xcc9edeq3aad3a

-E

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Giuseppe Turitto <giuseppe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Should we have a meeting? I have the feeling that we are so close that
we need to start get pretty organized to be in top of all the details
to take care.

Regards,
Giuseppe Turitto

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Giuseppe Turitto
<giuseppe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can we have Spaghetti and Meatballs?
>
> (Just Kidding ;-) ) Guy's I really stand for the Pizza, I can say,
> it's one of the best pizza in New York.
>
> Regards,
> Giuseppe Turitto
>

> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Tony Bacigalupo
> <tonybac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Excellent, great work Peter!
>>
>> PS NWC is in for $100!
>>
>> On Mar 27, 2010 11:40 AM, "Peter Laudati" <jrz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> I volunteer to take point on food. I've got a good concept on what costs
>> are.
>>
>> btw... count MS in for $500 in sponsorship. (not sure if you were already
>> doing that in your $1000 'so far' estimate?)  I may be able to finagle a few
>> bucks more.
>>
>> Using my car, we can do snacks/fruit/pastries from BJ's over in Jersey City
>> like we did last year at reasonable costs.  I think that was in the
>> neighborhood of $400?
>>
>> Dunkin coffee & donuts and/or bagels from my local shop in Jersey is about
>> $350 for 150 ppl if folks... scales to ~$550 for 250.  (Coffee is $14/box
>> which serves 10ppl, donuts&bages are $8/dozen, plus 15% tip on total order)
>>
>> Pizza is $15/pie from Pronto pizza which we order from often.  At 2
>> slices/person avg, that's 38 pies or 150ppl = $570 + 80tip = $650. If you
>> include soda/water, it's about $17/pie.  But we can save on that by buying
>> soda/water in cases from BJs instead. Water is $5/case of 24. I'm forgetting
>> what soda runs for at the moment, but can figure it out.
>>
>> Let me know what folks want to do for food and what the total budget is, and
>> I'll figure out how to squeeze as much out of it as I can. :)
>>
>> If we didn't provide meals, there are restaurants in the area.  Heartland
>> Brewery is across the street. Le Pain Quotiden and some other sandwich shops
>> are on 51st btwn 6th & 7th. Plus, lots of mom & pop restaurants on 46th or
>> 55th to the north & south of us between 5th & 6th ave.  (MS office is on 6th
>> btw 51st & 52nd.)
>>
>> One note... on building logistics.  The building security is VERY tight
>> these days. All folks need to be registered and entered into the system 24
>> hours ahead of event time, including organizers.  Whoever is managing
>> registration should work with me closely to be sure that hand off of names
>> to the building folks happen.  If folks who are "not registered" show up,
>> they will be turned away unless an employee with a building badge personally
>> "vouches" for them in the lobby. As of now, that would be either myself or
>> my teammate Rachel Appel while at the event. However, as I'll likely be
>> running around making sure other logistic stuff is working day of event, I
>> wouldn't count on me being available on demand in the building lobby. :)
>>
>> -Peter
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Eric Skiff <glitc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Awesome, thanks D...

> [...]

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to barcampnyc5+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

--
Eric Skiff
http://ericskiff.com

What I'm Reading: http://rigeekulous.amplify.com | Twitter: http://twitter.com/ericskiff | NYC Resistor: http://NYCResistor.com