Meeting up and next steps

Eric Skiff

Mar 1, 2010, 11:07:52 AM3/1/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
Hi all! I'm super excited that we've got a date and venue for this locked down (thanks Peter!!!).

However, life loves to get in the way of plans, and I'm now unavailable to meet this Wednesday night due to a hackathon event we're having here at Dropio.

I'm fine if people want to meet without me, but just in case, who would be available to meet Thursday? Maybe 6pm before ignite here in Brooklyn? The dropio office is just down the street from the ignite venue :)

For anyone who can't join us here in person, we can also open up a conference call line.

In the meantime, let's use the wiki as the organization spot!
http://barcamp.pbworks.com/BarCampNYC5

I'm going to start updating that now and add an eventbrite event. Please help fill in any details, etc! :) We need to start nailing down things like shirts (if we're getting them), munchies, supplies, sponsors, etc.

Thanks!!!
-E

--
Eric Skiff
http://ericskiff.com

What I'm Reading: http://rigeekulous.amplify.com | Twitter: http://twitter.com/ericskiff | NYC Resistor: http://NYCResistor.com

Peter Laudati

Mar 1, 2010, 12:30:47 PM3/1/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm... I'll be at an event on Long Island until 9pm on Thursday.  Meet up without me though and leave a list of any facility questions you have for me.  I can try to address some typical FAQs ahead of time and post here ahead of time so you guys can discuss.
-Peter

Peter Laudati

Mar 5, 2010, 2:00:35 PM3/5/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Did you folks chat last night??  I'll be in the city this evening around 5 to prep for the Code Camp event we're hosting tomorrow in the MS office.  Anyone want to stop by and meet up to discuss bar camp?
-Peter

Eric Skiff

Mar 5, 2010, 2:07:27 PM3/5/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
I've unfortunately got plans tonight so I can't join you, but I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has.

Here's the next steps we need to tackle:
  • Sending sponsorship emails (I hope to tackle this this weekend, and will forward the group a google doc)
  • Shirts need to be designed and ordered by March 22 or so to get them in time. Who wants to take ownership of this?
  • We need a food subcomittee, anyone want to run with that?
  • Wifi - Peter, are we safe to assume MS will take care of this?
  • PR - how to best promote the event to ensure that we get speakers and attendees who are actively doing cool things or very interested in learning.
Thanks!
-E

Giuseppe Turitto

Mar 5, 2010, 2:31:58 PM3/5/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
Can do the Shirts. Do we have the LOGO, do we have someone that we
have being using to print the shirts before?

Giuseppe Turitto

Mar 5, 2010, 2:33:59 PM3/5/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
What time the Chat. If it's between 5:30 pm and 8:00 pm I could be
joining. Before or after that I am not sure.

Giuseppe

Giuseppe Turitto

Mar 5, 2010, 2:36:18 PM3/5/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
Can help, with the Food (don't ask me to be fully responsible if not
you guy's will be eating Meatballs Hero for breakfast ;-) , seriously
I can't be 100% on this).

Giuseppe