We already Ordered the T-Shirts

Giuseppe Turitto

Mar 26, 2010, 5:44:12 PM3/26/10
to BarCampNYC5
We will have 130 T-shirts, here is the quantity by size:
S: 20
M: 35
L: 40
XL: 30
XXL: 5

Giuseppe Turitto

Mar 26, 2010, 5:46:07 PM3/26/10
to BarCampNYC5
 I find out a way to share the images. I hope everyone like it.

Regards, and enjoy the great Weekend

See you in April.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to barcampnyc5+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

BarCamp5_T-shirt.jpg
BarCamp5.png

Christopher Ricca

Mar 26, 2010, 5:48:00 PM3/26/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
AWESOME - looks great!

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Giuseppe Turitto

Eric Skiff

Mar 26, 2010, 6:08:55 PM3/26/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
These are seriously great!! Big thanks to Giuseppe for taking the lead and making this happen in time!
-E

Peter Laudati

Mar 27, 2010, 11:18:04 AM3/27/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
Wow!  I really like!  The Big Apple riff is awesome!

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to barcampnyc5+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

Tony Bacigalupo

Mar 27, 2010, 11:28:30 AM3/27/10
to barcampnyc5
Beautiful! Way to pick up the ball... and then dunk it!

When do we start tweeting up a storm? Three weeks!

namnum

Mar 28, 2010, 12:33:10 PM3/28/10
to BarCampNYC5
The t-shirts look awesome!! Thanks.

Say the word on the tweeting...

On Mar 27, 11:28 am, Tony Bacigalupo <tonybacigal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Beautiful! Way to pick up the ball... and then dunk it!
>
> When do we start tweeting up a storm? Three weeks!
>

> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Peter Laudati <jrzy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Wow!  I really like!  The Big Apple riff is awesome!

Giuseppe Turitto

Mar 28, 2010, 1:48:30 PM3/28/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
OK, can we agree in a HashTag for the Twitter. I will start to tweet
about the Barcamp. Also do you guy's it will good if we use the logo
in the Google group and everywhere else?

Regards,
Giuseppe Turitto

> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to barcampnyc5+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

Giuseppe Turitto

Mar 28, 2010, 2:02:14 PM3/28/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
I have to be honest, I just did a search for the Barcamp NYC 5 and I
got the Worth1000 page and I saw some of the logos, they where really
good. Too bad we didn't have a better coordination with this community
(I never like to be imposed or to impose anything, and now I feel like
I impose that design :-( ), but I had to place the order by last
Friday if not we where in the risk of not having T-shirts.

Anyway I think we have in there material for logos for the next two or
three Barcamp's.

Regards,
Giuseppe Turitto

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 12:33 PM, namnum <jeff....@gmail.com> wrote:

> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to barcampnyc5+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

mgalpert

Mar 29, 2010, 2:15:49 AM3/29/10
to BarCampNYC5
Odds are the screens werent printed yet for the t-shirts and I bet if
we call the t-shirt company tomorrow we can still make a change.

Either way we have to decide on a winner for the worth1000 contest
Please let me know which ones you vote on so we can award the prize

http://logo.worth1000.com/contests/24945/barcamp-nyc5

As Giuseppe mentioned if we dont go with the logo we can use it for
the next barcamp but we still have to pick a winner this time around

~Michael

On Mar 28, 2:02 pm, Giuseppe Turitto <giuseppe.turi...@gmail.com>

jonathan berger

Mar 29, 2010, 11:56:08 AM3/29/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
My vote's for the Barcamp - Liberty Torch
(http://logo.worth1000.com/entries/584665/barcamp-liberty-torch)

--
_________________________
@jonathanpberger

liberty-torch.jpg

Tony Bacigalupo

Mar 29, 2010, 5:38:04 PM3/29/10
to barcampnyc5
+1 on liberty torch though there are a lot of fantastic ones there.

Did somebody contact the printer yet to see whether or not it was too late??

Giuseppe Turitto

Mar 29, 2010, 7:06:08 PM3/29/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
It was too late. We will stick with the red apple T-shirts.
Next Barcamp we can have one of those logo's.

Sorry for the confusion's but I ask publicly and had very little
input. After we order the T-shirts we got the link to see and vote for
the Logo's ;-(

Regards,
Giuseppe Turitto

Peter Chislett

Mar 30, 2010, 10:19:27 AM3/30/10
to BarCampNYC5, mgal...@gmail.com
Yuck!

4 thumbs down for the red apple and another year of black shirts,
fortunately the order is very small.

Michael....the Worth1000 logos are awesome!
Couldn't figure out how to vote on the site. Hands down the Liberty
Torch wins!
http://logo.worth1000.com/entries/584665/barcamp-liberty-torch

--peter

On Mar 29, 7:06 pm, Giuseppe Turitto <giuseppe.turi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It was too late. We will stick with the red apple T-shirts.
> Next Barcamp we can have one of those logo's.
>
> Sorry for the confusion's but I ask publicly and had very little
> input. After we order the T-shirts we got the link to see and vote for
> the Logo's ;-(
>
> Regards,
> Giuseppe Turitto
>
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Tony Bacigalupo
>

> <tonybacigal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > +1 on liberty torch though there are a lot of fantastic ones there.
> > Did somebody contact the printer yet to see whether or not it was too late??
>
> > On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 11:56 AM, jonathan berger
> > <jonathanpber...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> My vote's for the Barcamp - Liberty Torch
> >> (http://logo.worth1000.com/entries/584665/barcamp-liberty-torch)
>

> >> _________________________

mgalpert

Mar 30, 2010, 10:28:52 AM3/30/10
to BarCampNYC5
Hey Giuseppe

Can you send over the t-shirt guys info.
I'm sure he didn't make the tees yet.

if the t-shirt screens were made that's only a $50 loss and I can have
those replaced. I used to be in the biz.

Sorry again for the delay we switched our site completely to aws and
had some hiccups. I didn't want to post the contest during that time
for fear of getting a low number of submissions.

~MSG

On Mar 29, 5:06 pm, Giuseppe Turitto <giuseppe.turi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It was too late. We will stick with the red apple T-shirts.
> Next Barcamp we can have one of those logo's.
>
> Sorry for the confusion's but I ask publicly and had very little
> input. After we order the T-shirts we got the link to see and vote for
> the Logo's ;-(
>
> Regards,
> Giuseppe Turitto
>
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Tony Bacigalupo
>

> <tonybacigal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > +1 on liberty torch though there are a lot of fantastic ones there.
> > Did somebody contact the printer yet to see whether or not it was too late??
>
> > On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 11:56 AM, jonathan berger
> > <jonathanpber...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> My vote's for the Barcamp - Liberty Torch
> >> (http://logo.worth1000.com/entries/584665/barcamp-liberty-torch)

Eric Skiff

Mar 30, 2010, 11:46:54 AM3/30/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter, hi everyone

If I could put a friendly reminder, we're all doing this for free, and everyone is (understandably) very very busy this year outside of the barcamp organization process.

When someone steps up, takes charge of a piece of the puzzle, and makes it happen, I'm going to do 2 things: 1, I'm going to thank them profusely and publicly, and 2: I'm going to back them up 100%.

Giuseppe not only did the legwork to find and price printers and make this happen, he also tried to work the public design angle, and when he was feeling like he wasn't getting a response and it was down to the wire to the the shirts printed and shipped in time, he made the call to have his wife hook us up with an awesome design for free in a very short time so he could make the deadline.

The reality is that we're going to have awesome barcamp and NY themed T-Shirts for this event, which is a total bonus from my perspective, and we have beautiful designs to pick from for next year. Design is also subjective, which means we could go around for ages on what the best ones are and in the end someone just has to make a call.

In an ad-hocracy like ours, the do-er is always right, which means Giuseppe was on point here and was under serious time constraints, and I'm supporting him and very happy with what we're getting.

That all said, this discussion has been going on for a while, and there's something I want to lay down right really clearly. While running barcamps can be awesome, putting together the details is demanding, and generally thankless work. It's extremely easy to get burnt out, and very much more so when we attack each other.

When you disagree with something I'm doing, please call me personally so we can chat and we can address it. When you disagree with how something is going, have a friendly conversation with the person on point and offer to help. When you think something could have been done better, please note that for when you take that role next year (hint hint), smile, and thank the person that got it done.

I personally can't abide planners trashing each other's work. The "Yuck" email below actually makes me really sad - Giuseppe would be well within his right to throw in the towel right now and leave feeling extremely disappointed and upset, and it's just totally against the spirit of what we're trying to do here.

Please, as a planner, ask yourself what you'd like to be getting out of this. Running barcamps is a great way to meet others that we wouldn't necessarily meet in our day to day jobs, and get to know each other and bond while putting together this insane whirlwind of an event. We can make connections and friendships that last years if we support each other and build each other up, and that should be our #1 goal. The rest will follow, and we'll have fun doing it. If you're not feeling up to having a good time putting the event together this year, no one will begrudge you sliding back this time around. Heck, I was almost completely absentee last year!

So, what I'll ask is this. Let's please start fresh - I'm apologizing publicly here for not taking a more involved role in facilitating between Mike and Giuseppe. In hindsight I should have picked up the phone and made sure we were all on the same page. I apologize for any wasted work and hurt feelings my role in that caused.

That said, what's done is done, and we've got plenty more work ahead of us. Let's make it as fun as we can, and enjoy the ride!

If anyone would like to chat, my # is 917-284-8124 - call anytime.

-E

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to barcampnyc5+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

--
Eric Skiff
http://ericskiff.com
917-284-8124

What I'm Reading: http://rigeekulous.amplify.com | Twitter: http://twitter.com/ericskiff | NYC Resistor: http://NYCResistor.com

Max

Mar 30, 2010, 12:19:22 PM3/30/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
> In an ad-hocracy like ours, the do-er is always right, which means Giuseppe
> was on point here and was under serious time constraints, and I'm supporting
> him and very happy with what we're getting.

Hi folks --

I just want to reiterate what Skiff is saying here. I worked on
barcampnyc for a couple of years, and it brought me amazing
experiences and terrific new people. I am extraordinarily grateful to
all of you are making this happen this year, as my schedule prevents
me from actively assisting.

Please know that there's a whole (somewhat quiet) community out here
who values what you are accomplishing.

- Max

jonathan berger

Mar 30, 2010, 12:31:52 PM3/30/10
to barca...@googlegroups.com
+1 for Skiff & Max's Ad-hocracy protocol reminders, and thanks to
Giuseppe for all the work on the shirts. Looking forward to another
awesome barcamp!