TENTATIVE: DemoCamp Montréal 3

Simon Law

Jun 19, 2007, 8:28:02 AM6/19/07
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com

I've talked to Hugues at the SAT, and he hasn't gotten back to me yet,
but we have a TENTATIVE date of Tuesday 26 June 2007 for DemoCamp 3.
We'll be arriving at 18:30 at the SAT and setting up.

Please watch this list for more information.

P.S. I am looking for someone to host DemoCamp. Since it is after the
Fête Nationale, shall we have it in French?

Cheers,
--
Simon Law http://www.law.yi.org/~sfllaw/

Evan Prodromou

Jun 19, 2007, 10:00:34 AM6/19/07
On Tue, 2007-19-06 at 08:28 -0400, Simon Law wrote:

> P.S. I am looking for someone to host DemoCamp. Since it is after the
> Fête Nationale, shall we have it in French?

You mean "after" like "a couple of days after", right? Aren't all the
big parties on the 24th?

-Evan

Simon Law

Jun 19, 2007, 10:28:34 AM6/19/07
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com

Well, yes.

But you don't want it to be immediately after. I really need to get
sober, you know?

signature.asc

Evan Prodromou

Jun 19, 2007, 11:23:29 AM6/19/07
On Tue, 2007-19-06 at 10:28 -0400, Simon Law wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 10:00:34AM -0400, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-19-06 at 08:28 -0400, Simon Law wrote:
> >
> > > P.S. I am looking for someone to host DemoCamp. Since it is after the
> > > Fête Nationale, shall we have it in French?
> >
> > You mean "after" like "a couple of days after", right? Aren't all the
> > big parties on the 24th?
>
> Well, yes.
>
> But you don't want it to be immediately after. I really need to get
> sober, you know?

Exactly. I thought maybe there was some big official party that was
going to happen on the 26th that I didn't know about. And if that was
the case, I'd think we'd have the lowest-attendance DemoCamp ever.

-Evan

Robin Millette

Jun 19, 2007, 1:20:15 PM6/19/07
On 6/19/07, Simon Law <sfl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> P.S. I am looking for someone to host DemoCamp. Since it is after the
> Fête Nationale, shall we have it in French?

I nominate Sylvain Carle, I think he's on this list...

Evan Prodromou

Jun 23, 2007, 11:13:26 AM6/23/07
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 2007-19-06 at 08:28 -0400, Simon Law wrote:

> I've talked to Hugues at the SAT, and he hasn't gotten back to me yet,
> but we have a TENTATIVE date of Tuesday 26 June 2007 for DemoCamp 3.
> We'll be arriving at 18:30 at the SAT and setting up.

Hi, all. I emailed Simon off-list, and there's some news about this.
Simon's on the road and hasn't had time to update. Simon, or anyone else
better informed than I am, correct me if I'm wrong.

After talking to him, I'm 98% sure that the 26 June event is OFF.

Repeat: no DemoCampMontreal3 next Tuesday.

I think there was general agreement that one week wasn't enough time to
get the momentum going and have a great DemoCamp.

Simon said that he'd booked the 26th of July -- a Thursday -- for DCM3.

I've updated the BarCamp wiki; I'm not sure who can update the Facebook
event or the Upcoming event.

-Evan

Simon Law

Jun 23, 2007, 2:38:57 PM6/23/07
On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 11:13:26AM -0400, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> Hi, all. I emailed Simon off-list, and there's some news about this.
> Simon's on the road and hasn't had time to update. Simon, or anyone else
> better informed than I am, correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> After talking to him, I'm 98% sure that the 26 June event is OFF.
>
> Repeat: no DemoCampMontreal3 next Tuesday.

CONFIRMED.

NO DEMOCAMP NEXT TUESDAY.

It's a little more expensive than we thought it would be to hold it at
the SAT, so we're going to collapse the budget for two into one. As
well, I have sporadic Internet connectivity, so this was too difficult
to organize.

> I think there was general agreement that one week wasn't enough time to
> get the momentum going and have a great DemoCamp.
>
> Simon said that he'd booked the 26th of July -- a Thursday -- for DCM3.

I did. That will also be at 18:30.

> I've updated the BarCamp wiki; I'm not sure who can update the Facebook
> event or the Upcoming event.

I'll make one.

signature.asc