RecentChangesCamp Montreal ("RoCoCoCamp"), 18-20 May 2007

1 view

Evan Prodromou

Apr 30, 2007, 5:59:48 PM4/30/07
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
Hello, BarCampMontrealers! Congratulations to all of us for pulling off
yet another excellent BarCamp last Saturday.

I'm writing as one of the organizers of RecentChangesCamp Montreal; I
want to invite interested BarCampers to attend. Please read on!

RecentChangesCamp is a world-wide "unconference" for wiki technologists,
wiki users and wiki admins. Also invited are people from related
technology and community practises, as we look for common ground on
community, collaboration, and self-organizing behaviour. The event is
free of charge for all participants. The previous two RecentChangesCamp
events in Portland have been extremely fun and interesting for
participants.

http://www.recentchangescamp.org/

RecentChangesCamp Montreal ("RoCoCoCamp") will be held in Montreal,
Quebec from 18-20 May 2007. It will be a three-day conference with the
agenda set by the participants, using a process called Open Space
(which is very different from how we do BarCamp).

http://www.rocococamp.info/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology

No keynotes, no long slide presentations, no conference tracks:
the emphasis of RecentChangesCamp is on bringing together smart,
talented people for productive, peer-to-peer talks.

You most certainly do _not_ need to be a wiki person to attend. ANYONE
interested in building communities; in collaboration; in self-organizing
groups; or in Web technologies is welcome to attend. We want people who
are involved in projects that have qualities that are associated with
wiki; here is a bit of a "concept map" on the subject:

http://evan.prodromou.name/images/wiki-concept-map.png

If any of those bubbles strike a chord with you, we want you to attend.

If you would like to come, please sign up on our wiki:

http://www.rocococamp.info/Participants

Please check out our wiki if you have any questions; also feel free to
contact anyone in our all-volunteer organizing group. You can write to
me directly or call my cell phone (+1-514-554-3826).

Thanks,

-Evan

Evan Prodromou <ev...@prodromou.name>
http://evan.prodromou.name/