BarCampMontreal3 - 3 November 2007, 9AM-6PM @ SAT

1 view

Evan Prodromou

Oct 26, 2007, 5:23:59 PM10/26/07
to barcampmontreal
Hey, everybody! So, if you're looking for the news on BarCampMontreal
and BarCampCanada, it's in this email! Some things to note:

1. BarCampCanada1 is postponed, long live BarCampMontreal3! Simon,
Sylvain and I met this week to plan BarCampCanada1, and we
realized that doing it right required a lot more time and
involvement of nationwide barcamp groups. We decided that it'd
be best to do a local BarCampMontreal in November and push BCC1
off until spring, when everyone will really want to visit
Montreal. All attendees are still welcome: ESPECIALLY folks from
out of town.
2. So BarCampMontreal3 is going to be 3 November 2007, from 9AM to
6PM, at the SAT (1195 blvd St. Laurent). All registrants from
BCC1 have been migrated to BCM3, so no worries if you're already
signed up. More info here:
http://barcampmontreal.org/wiki/BarCampMontreal3
3. barcamp.org has been acting really badly lately, so Sylvain has
set up a new wiki for us to use in organising BarCampMontreal.
See here: http://barcampmontreal.org/ . Most of the content from
barcamp.org has been migrated to, or pointed back from,
barcampmontreal.org, but your help is wanted in making sure
these two sites have the right info on both.
4. We need sponsors! If you have any suggestions for potential
sponsors in Montreal or across Canada that should be contacted,
please let me know. More info on sponsorships here:
http://barcampmontreal.org/wiki/English:BarCampMontreal3_sponsorship
5. We need volunteers! There is a lot to do for BCM3 on the day of
the event and before. If you have some time and would like to
help out this worthy cause, please check out:
http://barcampmontreal.org/wiki/BarCampMontreal3_volunteers .
6. We need lots of wiki help! Please, help make our wiki pages look
nice, be informative, and cover both English and French.
7. Spread the word! Please please please please please pass along
the invitation to attend to _everyone_ you think would be
interested. Don't wait for someone else to send out an invite:
invite people from your workplace, from related clubs or
organizations that you're a part of, from online groups or
communities, and just your friends and family. Blog it, twitter
it, tell the guy on the next barstool. BarCampMontreal3 will be
the event _you_ make it, by getting as many people as _you_ want
to hear into the schedule. We've got lots of room, let's fill it
up with interesting folks!

Thanks to everyone for your help -- the BarCamp community is what makes
Montreal tech so cool!

-Evan

--
Evan Prodromou <ev...@prodromou.name>

felix

Nov 4, 2007, 8:15:42 PM11/4/07
to barcampmontreal
Hi, I think it would be cool if some of those who did a presentation
on Saturday would upload it on SlideShare (http://www.slideshare.net/)
and add a link to it on the BarCampMontreal3 registration page (http://
barcampmontreal.org/wiki/BarCampMontreal3_registrants). There was some
great stuff discussed and it would be great to be able to access it.

Thanks to everyone, it was awesome!

Felix

On Oct 26, 4:23 pm, Evan Prodromou <e...@prodromou.name> wrote:
> Hey, everybody! So, if you're looking for the news on BarCampMontreal
> and BarCampCanada, it's in this email! Some things to note:
>
> 1. BarCampCanada1 is postponed, long live BarCampMontreal3! Simon,
> Sylvain and I met this week to plan BarCampCanada1, and we
> realized that doing it right required a lot more time and
> involvement of nationwide barcamp groups. We decided that it'd
> be best to do a local BarCampMontreal in November and push BCC1
> off until spring, when everyone will really want to visit
> Montreal. All attendees are still welcome: ESPECIALLY folks from
> out of town.
> 2. So BarCampMontreal3 is going to be 3 November 2007, from 9AM to
> 6PM, at the SAT (1195 blvd St. Laurent). All registrants from
> BCC1 have been migrated to BCM3, so no worries if you're already
> signed up. More info here:
> http://barcampmontreal.org/wiki/BarCampMontreal3
> 3. barcamp.org has been acting really badly lately, so Sylvain has
> set up a new wiki for us to use in organising BarCampMontreal.

> See here:http://barcampmontreal.org/. Most of the content from

> Evan Prodromou <e...@prodromou.name>
>
> smime.p7s
> 3KDownload

Robin Millette

Nov 5, 2007, 11:47:55 AM11/5/07
to barcampmontreal
On Nov 4, 9:15 pm, felix <felixtrepan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I think it would be cool if some of those who did a presentation
> on Saturday would upload it on SlideShare (http://www.slideshare.net/)
> and add a link to it on the BarCampMontreal3 registration page (http://
> barcampmontreal.org/wiki/BarCampMontreal3_registrants). There was some
> great stuff discussed and it would be great to be able to access it.

SlideShare? I don't know... but here's my presentation:
http://rym.waglo.com/presentations/bc3.html

You can also get to the restructuredtext source:
http://rym.waglo.com/presentations/bc3.txt

And I added a link next to my registrant entry. See you next time :)

--
Robin

Denis Canuel

Nov 5, 2007, 9:44:48 PM11/5/07
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
All,

For those who want to see my presentation (about YulNews), I embedded a SlideShare thingy on YulNews's blog (http://yulnews.com/blog/2007/11/05/first-presentation-at-barcamp-montreal/ )

I suggest that we add a column in the Wiki for links to presentation. Anyone seconds this?
Plus, while I'm suggesting things, we should add a "city" column for BarCampCanada and print the city on the name tag. It helps socialize that way. Anyways, count me in if you need help for BCC1.

Thanks!
-d