WhereCamp Montreal - 2009/10/23

Sylvain Carle

Sep 22, 2009, 6:26:40 PM9/22/09
to barcampmontreal
I am organizing WhereCamp Montreal in a month.

I need some help from this group.

1. Who's interested in attending? You can sign-up at
http://www.wherecamp.ca/montreal/wiki/

I am aiming for 50-100 attendees, right now the number of participants
is pretty low (but I have kept this lowkey)

2. Where could I do this? If you have suggestion for a place, please
contact me.

Our usual hangout at la SAT is busy this day and I really want to make
this happen right after the Geomatique Conference the two days before,
we will have international visitors like Steve Coast from
OpenStreetMaps (he is keynoting at the other event). So I need to find
a place for the 23rd of Oct.

3. I would need a few sponsors.

Ranging from a few hundreds to a thousand, maybe 3-5 sponsors, just to
make the costs. Day long events for Camps are usually around 2-3K per
day, with venue rental, coffee, food and t-shirts. A few have already
expressed interest.

Anyhow, tought it would be a nice way to re-activate this community
and get our gears rolling for a BarCamp in early 2010 (or sooner, who
wants to pitch in)?

Thanks everyone!

PS. ce message est en anglais parce que je suis trop paresseux pour le
traduire pour l'instant et qu'il s'adresse à un auditoire local et
international. Merci de votre compréhension.

Sylvain Carle - (*)Camp Organizer, Herder of Cats and Mailing List
Abuser