A BarCampCanada for all of Canada

Evan Prodromou

May 11, 2007, 8:44:09 AM5/11/07
to barcampmontreal
So, I'm getting pretty excited about the upcoming BarCampCanada. On
reviewing the BarCamp Web site, I count at least these other BarCamps
that happen in cities in Canada:

http://barcamp.org/BarCampCalgary
http://barcamp.org/BarCampQuebec
http://barcamp.org/BarCampHalifax
http://barcamp.org/BarCampVancouver
http://barcamp.org/BarCampSaskatoon
http://barcamp.org/BarCampWaterloo

It seems to me that inviting all these groups to lend their name to
BarCampCanada would make the event a truly nation-wide Camp. Although
it's unlikely that many people outside of central Canada will attend,
future BCCs could be held in other host cities -- it could really
travel around.

Would it make sense to start contacting these people?

-Evan

Stirling Westrup

May 11, 2007, 6:03:22 PM5/11/07
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
Evan Prodromou wrote:

> It seems to me that inviting all these groups to lend their name to
> BarCampCanada would make the event a truly nation-wide Camp. Although
> it's unlikely that many people outside of central Canada will attend,
> future BCCs could be held in other host cities -- it could really
> travel around.
>
> Would it make sense to start contacting these people?

I would think so. If for no other reason than to let them know its in the
works and that you appreciate their input. Far less chance of hurt feelings
due to someone feeling they were excluded.