Adventures of a carless geek

Jennifer Stavros

May 1, 2013, 11:47:26 AM5/1/13
to barc...@googlegroups.com
Good morning Barcampers,

It is I, your resident Geek Dinner lady (which will be coming back in May btw sorry for the month of hiatus!) bringing you a special message.
Now, before you just poof, it's a fun one.  It's a mission to help jet power some more geekery and awesome into a carless geek.  It's going to totally change my stats and I may end up being capable of superpowers I haven't been able to achieve in almost a year and a half.

Adventures liiiiike:
  • Hosting geek dinner events in areas outside of downtown LA and the outskirts.  Yes, I know you've all wanted events outside and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE more of you to attend the Geek Dinner but part of the reason I haven't been hosting events around town is majorly because... I don't have a car to get there.  It sucks and you guys have suffered because of it.  I feel terrible and want to cry *nightly because of it, but there it is.
  • Travelling to other cities and attending more geek events/connecting with our geeks of kin in such cities as San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Miami, Portland, Seattle, and all those other places that I forgot to mention.
  • Not having to spend an hour on a bus to and from basically everywhere to get... basically anything done (HELP ME DAMNIT. *cries*)
  • ANNND more.

That said, I applied for the Ford Fiesta Movement yesterday and would love your help getting views, retweeting, sharing on G+ (Yes the other dreaded network) and more.  Hell if someone wanted to even post it onto Reddit, that'd be cool too.  Just... be nice please.  Here's the link: http://bit.ly/18bHysd  And with that, I'm off to dreamland (otherwise known as work for now) where in addition to electrical sheep, there's maybe hope on the horizon for me to be less car less and hosting events and going to places I've never been (New York Comic Con) doing awesome things I haven't done... (driving places) and meeting and connecting with EVEN MORE of the inspiring community that are.. le geeks.

Cheers and all good things,
@Scandalous/Jennifer Stavros