Android Developers for Accel Funded Start-up

Ryan Valles

Sep 2, 2015, 10:42:21 AM9/2/15
to barcam...@googlegroups.com

We are building a new Consumer focused Mobile and Smart Devices (think smart watches) platform that has real-time location, API integrations and artificial intelligence. Built as a global product, our target market is India first.

We are already funded by Accel Partners and currently our product is in stealth mode. Our team is lead by 2 experienced entrepreneurs, both of whom have build successful businesses in the past.

We are a young energetic team and are looking for 2-3 Kick-Ass Android developers to join our awesome team. We are looking for folks who are passionate about building great products

Below is the Job description. Please reach out to me directly.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anupam

Product

Our product is in stealth mode. It’s a new Consumer focused Mobile and Smart Devices (think smart watches) platform that has real-time location, API integrations and artificial intelligence. Built as a global product, our target market is India first.

Why join us

  • Very strong experienced co-founders

    • Ryan Valles: Ex CEO of deals and you. Entrepreneur in Residence at Accel Partners. 3-time Entrepreneur

    • Anupam Agarwal: Ex Founder of Via.com, IIT JEE Rank 11 and 3-time Entrepreneur

  • Funded by Accel Partners

  • Assembling India’s best product team

  • Small, highly skilled kick-ass team

  • Extremely challenging and bleeding-edge work

  • Absolutely great product. First of its kind globally. We believe that the first generation of mobile products have already been built. New products will be built by leveraging APIs and Artificial Intelligence. We want to own the layer over mobile apps.

What we are looking for

  • Someone who thinks they belong with India’s best product team. Nothing less.

  • Someone who can build out and own the product on the Android platform including mobile and smart devices (watches).

  • Someone who has the conviction, intellectual capacity and discipline to work and take decisions independently.

  • Should have prior experience in building social or messaging apps; preferably with 3-4 apps up on the Play Store

  • Should have 2-3 years of experience. Preferable if you have a product mindset.

  • Experience with multi-threading, APIs (XML, JSON, REST), Offline caching, Sync adapters, SQLite

  • Good experience working with native Android frameworks, design patterns and guidelines.

  • Demonstrated capability implementing fast, responsive and easy to use apps.

Other Details

The role is based in Bangalore

Compensation is no bar for the right candidate. If you can be part of India’s best product team… we want you.

Who should apply

  • If you think you genuinely believe that you can and want to be part of India’s best product team….. we want you

  • If you are willing to learn….. we want you

  • If you are willing to break things …. we want you

  • If you have ambition and want to build a world dominating product... we want you

  • If you are energetic …. WE CERTAINLY WANT YOU

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 12:10 PM, Saumitra Karandikar <saumitra....@gmail.com> wrote:

Trust you are all doing well! This mail is to ask for some help :)

One of my colleagues just started up a new company and is looking for smart people to build the core team. Currently the requirement is for a technology super star.

Key skills:
 - 4-8 years of experience
 - Should be hands on developer, not just a tech architect
 - Proficient in developing mobile apps (iOS or Android or both).
 - For the back end and web, preferably should have experience MEAN stack where M is for MySQL and not MongoDB.
 - Knowledge of algorithms and/or analytics concepts will be a huge plus.

The startup is based out of Gurgaon. (Company name is 19thmile.com and the product is SalesCoach)

Please email me if you know someone in your network who is looking to work on a ground breaking product and wants to be a part of the core team of this upcoming startup.

Regards,
Saumitra