Open Collab and Forward Foundation Pooled Fund Project

1 view

Samuel Rose

Dec 5, 2009, 11:45:51 AM12/5/09
to openkollab, BarCampBank
We're working on a staged project at
http://wiki.openkollab.com/wagn/Pooled_Fund_Project where we will
first work to profile an ecology of social venture projects and
ventures that may either be geographically or "network" linked (where
"network" means linked by way of interdependency, shared goals,
resources, they are already collaborating etc

The first phase is profiling these projects, and doing analysis to
show as many plausible opportunities as possible, for the benefit of
both the project/venture, and potential investors.

The second phase/stage is to choose candidates, from those that submit
data, that fit our investment criteria for
being social ventures, and that are likely good investment candidates.

The third phase is to engage with financiers to determine the details
collaboratively,
including the specific investment structure. We anticipate that
investments will be structured
in the way of loans, loans with conversion to equity etc.

We would like to invite candidate projects to participate stage one: in our
open-data profiling stage. Candidate projects will definitely

benefit from this analysis, as we'll contribute additional research on
top of data we collect.

Please register at
http://wiki.openkollab.com and fill in your project profile at
http://wiki.openkollab.com/new/Pooled%20Fund%20Project%20Profile we
will contact you as we process and analyze gathered information. All
data shall be open, and you need only reveal openly what you are
comfortable sharing for stage one. Specific financial data shall be
kept private upon request

Sam Rose
Social Synergy
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552