BarCampBankSF2 is on Apr 25 - Silicon Valley's answer to the financial crisis

Frederic Baud

Mar 23, 2009, 7:39:34 AM3/23/09
to BarCampBank, bar...@googlegroups.com
Dear Innovators,

It's been a year since we had the first BarCampBankSF at the UC
Berkeley campus -- and given the current state of the economy, the
collapse of the stock markets, the credit crunch hitting the global
markets and the issuing severe slowdown of activity -- the timing
couldn't be better for a second BarCampBankSF on Treasure Island this
time.

BarCampBank aims at bringing together the Bay Area's smartest
technologists and industry insiders from all over the world for a
great day of networking to discuss the impact of emerging technologies
in the Banking and Financial Services space. BarCampBankers will
present projects, confront ideas and participate in lively
conversations around the innovations in the Banking and Finance world.
If you are an innovator, a technology disruptor or a professional in
the banking and finance industry we'd love to have you join the debate
and share in the experience.

We believe that innovation happens in any economy. We'd love to hear
your ideas and share how your organization or institution is doing to
ease the financial mess we are in right now.

Regards,

The BarCampBankSF Team.

More info and the wiki for the event can be found at http://barcamp.org/BarCampBankSF2
Registration takes place on eventbrite: http://bcbsf2.eventbrite.com/

fridemar

Mar 24, 2009, 9:44:09 PM3/24/09
to BarCampBank
Dear Fredric Baud,

it might be interesting to this Google group: "BarcampBank" to monitor
or even participate in ExtremeOpenBusiness, SocialDomaining,
FreeEscrow, FreeFundsTransfer. There are a lot of new ideas, that look
for partnership with influential people.

-- Fridemar
PS.: For the sake of transparency I leave a copy of this hint at the
Meatball wiki, where these topics can be easily found, by simply
googling for them.

Frederic Baud

Mar 25, 2009, 6:23:23 AM3/25/09
to BarCampBank
Hi Fridemar,

Thank you for the update. It seems a link to start with is
http://ExtremeOpenBusiness.org

Do not hesitate to provide other links you'd find relevant.

Cheers,

Frederic