video recommendation in php

1 view

Selvam M

Oct 3, 2014, 4:59:53 AM10/3/14
to barcampa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dude,

is there any open source tool available for video recommendation in php? Like, while viewing youtube video they are showing recommended videos on right side. That kind of recommendation system .Anybody have any answer for this? urgent

Please help us to slove this issue

Thanks,
M.Selvam

Shyamal Makecha

Oct 3, 2014, 5:06:06 AM10/3/14
to barcampa...@googlegroups.com
Hello Selvam,

Are you searching for a calculation method to list what videos to recommend to users or just how to display the list?

Regards,
Shyamal

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/barcampahmedabad?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BarcampAhmedabad" group.

Selvam M

Oct 3, 2014, 5:21:16 AM10/3/14
to barcampa...@googlegroups.com
I am looking for calculation method to list what videos to recommend to users. I believe there may be some algorithm being used to generate that recommendation.
--
Thanks,
M. Selvam

Shyamal Makecha

Oct 3, 2014, 5:28:12 AM10/3/14
to barcampa...@googlegroups.com
Hello Selvam,

I think you will have to keep track of or store in database video ratings, number of views, type/category of video etc.

Regards,
Shyamal

Selvam M

Oct 3, 2014, 5:30:00 AM10/3/14
to barcampa...@googlegroups.com
Is there any open source buildin github source available?

Shyamal Makecha

Oct 3, 2014, 7:09:54 AM10/3/14
to barcampa...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure. But, I don't think there is any available.

However, if you are using youtube to play videos then this might help - https://developers.google.com/youtube/2.0/developers_guide_protocol_recommendations

Regards,
Shyamal

Raxit Sheth