BarCampBankLondon4 on Monday Jan 31st

Frederic Baud

Jan 10, 2011, 3:28:04 AM1/10/11
to BarCamp
All,

I'm happy to wish you a great year 2011 and announce our first
BarCampBank of
the year, with BarCampBankLondon4 happening on Jan 31st, the day
before the first Finovate Europe. A formidable opportunity for
fi-innovators to douple-dip.

Below, an extract from Dave's post - http://bit.ly/e5Hinm - will give
you a bit of context.

I'm really excited by this opportunity of discussing so many of the
regular BarCampBank's subjects that could contribute to
"The Big Society" project.

Registration happen at http://www.meetup.com/BarCampBankLondon/calendar/15847264/

Hurry up, the registration rate has been incredibly high!

See you at #BCBL4,

Frederic

This year, there will be a special focus on the role of financial
services and institutions and their potential to help local
communities unlock currently underutilised capacity to meet currently
unmet needs. Why? Well, the new coalition government in the UK has an
initiative called "The Big Society": The Big Society is about helping
people to come together to improve their own lives and putting more
power in peoples hands. There is real interest - both within and
outside of government - around the potential of 'people helping
people' models such as complementary currencies and timebanking. The
recent "giving" green paper consultation - http://bit.ly/gH26Pn -
launched by the Cabinet Office makes particular reference to the
potential of complementary currencies and raises questions around
scaling local timebanks on a national scale.

Dave Birch