[WebWorkersCamp10] @ Paris, La Cantine - October 29 / 30

Pierre

Sep 23, 2010, 5:01:17 AM9/23/10
to BarCamp
To all the bar-campers of the World:

AF83 will host a new WebWorkersCamp (http://barcamp.org/
WebWorkersCamp10) on Friday/Saturday, October 29th/30th in Paris (save
the date!).
As for the previous edition, this BarCamp will be the occasion to
exchange around the "fun/funny architectures" thematic: software
architectures, real-time / distributed applications, decentralized
social networks and all the components you need in your stack (NoSQL,
asynchronous programming, messages queues...).

These are the topics we announce, but you are the campers and you make
the event! Don't be shy, come and share!
Of course we are preparing some stuff, inviting some people... but the
last edition shown us that some of the best working groups came from
regular campers!

This WebWorkersCamp will take place in La Cantine (a famous Parisian
tech place), about one month after the JSConf EU. With that and the
Diaspora announcements, a specific accent will be put on the protocols
and technologies that drive it. Webfinger, oAuth 2.0, Salmon protocol,
oStatus.

Saturday 30th will be an all-day event in the usual friendly and
somewhat chaotic Barcamp format, Friday afternoon is more
specifically geared towards people who are interested in these new
software architectures without forcefully being already experts in the
domain, people who are interested in the value it can bring their
businesses. The idea is to try to create a bridge between geeks and
the enterprise. Jean-Paul Figer, president of Armosc, formerly CTO
of CapGemini is co-organizing the event. The afternoon will be
composed of five 30 minutes conferences with:
- A panorama of the stack
- NoSQL databases, Document, Graph, Key Value
- Asynchronous frameworks Node.js, Mongrel2, Event Machine etc..
- REST APIs,and their effects on the global architecture, the cloud
- Management of bleeding edge technologies in large it organizations

For more info on what we are planning and to register, visit the
barcamp page:
http://barcamp.org/WebWorkersCamp10 .

Hoping to see you soon,
The AF83 team.