Fwd: altblackpool - Blackpool's newest arts, music & community magazine

Gemma Cameron

Jun 26, 2012, 8:39:48 AM6/26/12
to bar...@googlegroups.com
FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Duncan Hodgson <dun...@altblackpool.co.uk>
Date: Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Subject: altblackpool - Blackpool's newest arts, music & community magazine

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all well! Some of you may already have talked with me about altblackpool but for those who haven't here is a quick run down of the concept...

What is altblackpool?

altblackpool.co.uk is soon to be Blackpool's newest volunteer led online music, arts and community magazine. We plan to keep the people of Blackpool up to date with all things creative and cultured with our core content being driven by local volunteer writers who want to give an alternative view of Blackpool.

What will it include?

We'll be keeping up to date with local bands, musicians, artists and community events plus much more, letting you know what they are up to, where you can see them and how to get involved. Some of what we'll be doing includes...
  • Interviews with local artists, bands, musicians and others
  • Previews & reviews of of local gigs, art installations and community events
  • A calendar of local events
  • Local current events news
  • Monthly "talking point" opinion pieces
  • Photo and video content
  • Cafe, restaurant & venue write-ups
  • Live coverage of local arts & music events
  • Competitions to win great local prizes

How can I get involved?

We're currently on the hunt for local people who want to become volunteer writers for the magazine and can provide one article a month. If you'd be interested in writing for the magazine then all you need to do is submit a short sample of your work using the link below. Sample pieces should be approximately 500 to 1000 words and be written about an event you have recently attended, an album you have recently heard or a current events opinion piece.

Click here to submit your sample article!

How can I find out more?

If you want more information about altblackpool or if you know about something you think we should write about you can let us know on Facebook or Twitter or if you prefer you can send us an email to in...@altblackpool.co.uk.

Want that as a PDF?

Just click here!

===

We're currently looking for writers to come on board with the site so would really appreciate it if you could share this email with your networks as appropriate. Also, if you have any questions then please don't hesitate to contact me direct. I've also attached a PDF copy of the above which you can print and display if you would like to.

Cheers
Duncan

--
Gemma Cameron