Let's camp! The world is invited to Lake Constance, Germany

oliver gassner

Jan 29, 2012, 6:12:21 AM1/29/12
to BarCamp
June 9th and 10th 2012
@ Zeppelin University, Friedrichshafen, Germany.

Barcamp Bodensee 3 will be on Saturday June 9th and Sunday June 10th
2010 on the Campus of Zeppelin University at Friedrichshafen on Lake
Constance. (We plan do a get together on Friday nite for those already
present.)

The event series (barcamps around lake Constance) has the tag #bcbs.
The camp in 2012 has the tag #bcbs12

Barcamp Lake Constnace is (besides Berlin) one of two international
Bracamps in Germany.

That means that international visitors are explicitely welcome, that
the organization language is English and that all sessions, where non-
German speakers are present, are expected to be in English.

The idea is to bring the net and Barcamp crowds together on a European
level - and beyond.

Former camps have been in 2008 and 2010 in Friedrichshafen (which has
an airport) and Constance (which is easily reachable by train from
Zurich Airport).

Up to now we had barcapers from german, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark,
France and Serbia. We are looking to expland this range.

The historical backdrop for the idea to create such a camp in this
location is that Lake Constance was a European center in the Middle
ages. (Council of Constance, 1414-18 and Reichenau Island)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Constance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichenau_Island

So: let's geek