TShirt / Mug / etc for attendees (sponsorship permitting)

Nick Burch

Nov 11, 2010, 7:27:32 AM11/11/10
to BarCamp Apache Sydney
Hi All

At the moment, we're still reaching out to sponsors (big thanks to the
University of Sydney who have confirmed, and I have high hopes for a
few other companies who are talking of sponsoring). Assuming we have
enough sponsorship to cover the core costs and food, it'd be good to
have something to give attendees.

Such a something needs to have the sponsors logos on it (that's part
of the pitch). At other barcamps, the usual item is either a tshirt or
a mug. I guess other possibilities might be a hat, or some sort of
beer related receptacle.

Assuming we do get lucky with sponsorship, firstly what do people
think we should go for? And secondly, is there someone on the ground
who could take responsibility for organising it?

We'd probably make the call about 2 weeks out from the event if we
have the money to do it or not, i.e. about two weeks away from now,
which should allow time to price up some options.

Nick

Aristedes Maniatis

Nov 11, 2010, 6:32:43 PM11/11/10
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
On 11/11/10 11:27 PM, Nick Burch wrote:
> Assuming we do get lucky with sponsorship, firstly what do people
> think we should go for? And secondly, is there someone on the ground
> who could take responsibility for organising it?

Happy to arrange this in Sydney. I'll get someone in my office to make some calls.

My opinion is that a t-shirt is the best thing: it has longevity. But I'll have a think about other things. For quirky things, take a look at http://www.mementogifts.com.au/ .But for simpler things (t-shirts, etc) I can source them more cheaply.

Ari

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Nick Burch

Nov 30, 2010, 7:34:21 PM11/30/10
On Fri, 12 Nov 2010, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> My opinion is that a t-shirt is the best thing: it has longevity. But
> I'll have a think about other things. For quirky things, take a look at
> http://www.mementogifts.com.au/ .But for simpler things (t-shirts, etc)
> I can source them more cheaply.

My hunch is that we're not going to be able to do a tshirt, as the
available sponsorship money (thanks to the University of Sydney, the ASF,
Alfresco, IBM, MaestoDev and Atlassian!) looks to be all accounted for
with costs + lunch + snacks.

However, if we were to get a little bit more sponsorship, and/or find the
food bill lower than expected, any idea what the cost + ordering deadline
would be?

Thanks
Nick