Fwd: Sydney - dinner & drinks

14 views
Skip to first unread message

Brett Porter

unread,
Dec 29, 2010, 1:22:13 AM12/29/10
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I hope you enjoyed BarCampApache Sydney and have had a good Christmas break.

We haven't yet established the "Sydney Apache dinners" group that some signed up for in December, so in the mean time I'm sending this here for all those that are interested. See below for a message from Lars who is in Sydney at the moment.

Cheers,
Brett

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Lars Eilebrecht" <la...@apache.org>
> Date: 27 December 2010 10:43:23 PM AEDT
> Subject: Sydney - dinner & drinks
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm in Sydney for a few days in December and January, and it would be
> great to get some Apache people together for dinner and drinks.
>
> If you live in or near Sydney, let us know when you are available by
> filling out the Doodle survey:
>
> http://doodle.com/wcm8tmyr5bw3t6dw
>
> The location is still to be defined. Anyone any recommendations for
> a good restaurant/bar/pub?

--
Brett Porter
br...@apache.org
http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter


Brett Morgan

unread,
Dec 29, 2010, 2:01:19 AM12/29/10
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
And those of us without an apache id? =)
--
Brett Morgan
http://www.google.com/profiles/brett.morgan

Brett Porter

unread,
Dec 29, 2010, 2:42:07 AM12/29/10
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
Just name should be fine... I think it was to make sure he knew how to get in contact.

Aristedes Maniatis

unread,
Dec 29, 2010, 2:43:51 AM12/29/10
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
An email address would be handy.

Ari

On 29/12/10 6:42 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
> Just name should be fine... I think it was to make sure he knew how to get in contact.
>
> On 29/12/2010, at 6:01 PM, Brett Morgan wrote:
>
>> And those of us without an apache id? =)
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org <mailto:br...@apache.org>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I hope you enjoyed BarCampApache Sydney and have had a good Christmas break.
>>
>> We haven't yet established the "Sydney Apache dinners" group that some signed up for in December, so in the mean time I'm sending this here for all those that are interested. See below for a message from Lars who is in Sydney at the moment.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Brett
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>

>> > From: "Lars Eilebrecht" <la...@apache.org <mailto:la...@apache.org>>
>> > Date: 27 December 2010 10:43:23 PM AEDT
>> > Subject: Sydney - dinner & drinks
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm in Sydney for a few days in December and January, and it would be
>> > great to get some Apache people together for dinner and drinks.
>> >
>> > If you live in or near Sydney, let us know when you are available by
>> > filling out the Doodle survey:
>> >
>> > http://doodle.com/wcm8tmyr5bw3t6dw
>> >
>> > The location is still to be defined. Anyone any recommendations for
>> > a good restaurant/bar/pub?
>>
>> --
>> Brett Porter

>> br...@apache.org <mailto:br...@apache.org>

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis
ish
http://www.ish.com.au
Level 1, 30 Wilson Street Newtown 2042 Australia
phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001
GPG fingerprint CBFB 84B4 738D 4E87 5E5C 5EFA EF6A 7D2E 3E49 102A

Adrian Apps

unread,
Dec 29, 2010, 8:09:42 AM12/29/10
to BarCamp Apache Sydney
Hi All,

Is this event just for ASF persons, or is this an invitation to all
who attended the day?

Adrian


On Dec 29, 6:43 pm, Aristedes Maniatis <a...@ish.com.au> wrote:
> An email address would be handy.
>
> Ari
>
> On 29/12/10 6:42 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > Just name should be fine... I think it was to make sure he knew how to get in contact.
>
> > On 29/12/2010, at 6:01 PM, Brett Morgan wrote:
>
> >> And those of us without an apache id? =)
>
> >> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org <mailto:br...@apache.org>> wrote:
>
> >>     Hi all,
>
> >>     I hope you enjoyed BarCampApache Sydney and have had a good Christmas break.
>
> >>     We haven't yet established the "Sydney Apache dinners" group that some signed up for in December, so in the mean time I'm sending this here for all those that are interested. See below for a message from Lars who is in Sydney at the moment.
>
> >>     Cheers,
> >>     Brett
>
> >>     Begin forwarded message:
>
> >>     > From: "Lars Eilebrecht" <l...@apache.org <mailto:l...@apache.org>>
> >>     > Date: 27 December 2010 10:43:23 PM AEDT
> >>     > Subject: Sydney - dinner & drinks
>
> >>     > Hi,
>
> >>     > I'm in Sydney for a few days in December and January, and it would be
> >>     > great to get some Apache people together for dinner and drinks.
>
> >>     > If you live in or near Sydney, let us know when you are available by
> >>     > filling out the Doodle survey:
>
> >>     >http://doodle.com/wcm8tmyr5bw3t6dw
>
> >>     > The location is still to be defined. Anyone any recommendations for
> >>     > a good restaurant/bar/pub?
>
> >>     --
> >>     Brett Porter
> >>     br...@apache.org <mailto:br...@apache.org>
> >>    http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
> >>    http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter
>
> >> --
> >> Brett Morgan
> >>http://www.google.com/profiles/brett.morgan
>
> --
> -------------------------->
> Aristedes Maniatis
> ishhttp://www.ish.com.au

Brett Porter

unread,
Dec 29, 2010, 5:41:13 PM12/29/10
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com

On 30/12/2010, at 12:09 AM, Adrian Apps wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is this event just for ASF persons, or is this an invitation to all
> who attended the day?
>

Anyone is welcome - it's just informal dinner and drinks plans.

- Brett

Brett Porter

unread,
Jan 9, 2011, 11:50:34 PM1/9/11
to BarCamp Apache Sydney
The tentative date seems to be the 17th. Any suggestions for places to
go?

Aristedes Maniatis

unread,
Jan 10, 2011, 12:07:58 AM1/10/11
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com, co...@apache.org
On 10/01/11 3:50 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
> The tentative date seems to be the 17th. Any suggestions for places to
> go?

Since we have an out-of-town visitor, Cafe Sydney is always nice. But we need to book well in advance, especially to get an outside table.

$39 mains. Is that the right price point? If we want something less expensive, I have a few places I can recommend in Newtown, Glebe or East Sydney. For something completely different: Una's up at the Cross is fun, especially if you are very hungry.


Ari

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis
ish

Ali Baghebani Kord

unread,
Jan 10, 2011, 12:18:12 AM1/10/11
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
What is the budget? If you feel like something different, here's a very good Persian restaurant:

http://www.anahita.com.au/

Cheers,

Ali

alibkord

unread,
Jan 13, 2011, 6:20:24 PM1/13/11
to BarCamp Apache Sydney
Hey Guys, Any update on this one?

Cheers,

Ali

On Jan 10, 4:18 pm, Ali Baghebani Kord <ali.baghb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the budget? If you feel like something different, here's a very good
> Persian restaurant:
>
> http://www.anahita.com.au/
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ali
>

Brett Porter

unread,
Jan 13, 2011, 7:48:51 PM1/13/11
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com, Aristedes Maniatis, co...@apache.org, Lars Eilebrecht
That crept up quickly :) Lars said he'd be offline, so we should decide on the right place.

So far we had:
Cafe Sydney (though maybe a bit late on that, and perhaps we should shoot for something less pricey)
Una's
Anahita

Ari, you said you had some other suggestions?

I'm good with anything reasonably close to a train!

How many are we? We had 7 listed on the poll.

David Crossley

unread,
Jan 13, 2011, 8:21:51 PM1/13/11
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
I will not be able to attend this time.
Please keep me on the list for the next. Enjoy.

-David

Ali Baghebani Kord

unread,
Jan 13, 2011, 9:20:38 PM1/13/11
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com, Aristedes Maniatis, co...@apache.org, Lars Eilebrecht
"How many are we?"

1 here!

Ali

Brett Morgan

unread,
Jan 13, 2011, 9:31:09 PM1/13/11
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
+1

Ali Baghebani Kord

unread,
Jan 15, 2011, 4:51:12 PM1/15/11
to Lars Eilebrecht, barcamp...@googlegroups.com, Aristedes Maniatis, co...@apache.org
Oops! my bad. Just updated myself in the doodle page, so we're 7 now.

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 12:54 AM, Lars Eilebrecht <la...@apache.org> wrote:
Hi,

according to the doodle page we are still 6 for next Monday
(brett, conor, amaniatis, Brett Morgan, MZ, and me), and I think we
should make a decision regarding the location.

I would like Anahita, because I like that type of food and I'm in Lane
Cove... however, I think we should pick something in a more central
location. Therefore my suggestion would be to go to the Australian
Hotel pub/restaurant mentioned by Conor. I'll take care of booking a
table (on my name).

 The Australian Heritage Hotel pub/restaurant
 100 Cumberland Street
 The Rocks, Sydney 2000

 17th of January 2011, 7pm

If anyone else would like to join, please let me know ASAP via email
or phone (+61 0403 790 554).

See you Monday!

cheers
Lars

Conor MacNeill

unread,
Jan 16, 2011, 4:31:59 AM1/16/11
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
Forwarding message from Lars (his message got bounced)

Conor

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lars Eilebrecht <la...@apache.org>


Hi,

See you Monday!

cheers
Lars

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages