Dinner on Friday

Brett Porter

Dec 7, 2010, 12:39:26 AM12/7/10
to BarCamp Apache Sydney
Hi folks,

As you might recall, we're also planning to get together for dinner in
Newtown on Friday night, before the BarCamp on Saturday. We hope to
finalise that tomorrow so we can put in a reservation.

We'll need to know the numbers for this, so if you're planning to
attend, or bringing someone along, please let us know here!

If you have any particular preferences or suggestions, that'd also be
helpful.

Finally, we're getting close to the event now, so if you have any
colleagues coming that haven't put their name on the wiki, or have
someone you'd been meaning to invite, now is a great time to do that!

Cheers,
Brett

Brett Morgan

Dec 7, 2010, 2:15:40 AM12/7/10
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested at the if i can stumble along after the work xmas party level.

=)
--
Brett Morgan
http://www.google.com/profiles/brett.morgan

David Crossley

Dec 7, 2010, 8:22:43 PM12/7/10
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
I will definitely be there for dinner.

-David

Brett Porter

Dec 7, 2010, 11:38:21 PM12/7/10
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
We've decided to make a reservation at Sumalee Thai, in The Bank Hotel. It's located right next to the train station in Newtown: http://www.bankhotel.com.au/#/Contact/Location

We'll meet there at 7:30pm and have a drink while everyone arrives, with the dinner reservation at 8:30pm. The cost will be $30pp, which includes a selection of dishes and has a vegetarian option.

I've added a column to the wiki to indicate if you're coming (or continue to respond here) so that we can get the right numbers together.

Look forward to seeing you then!

th3w4rch1ld

Dec 8, 2010, 5:37:17 AM12/8/10
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
Myself and My partner will make it to dinner on Friday.

Thanks

Joscha Feth

Dec 8, 2010, 7:20:28 PM12/8/10
to BarCamp Apache Sydney
Hello barcampers,

> We'll meet there at 7:30pm and have a drink while everyone arrives,
> with the dinner reservation at 8:30pm. The cost will be $30pp, which
> includes a selection of dishes and has a vegetarian option.

I won't be able to make it to dinner on Friday, but I'd be interested
in joining you afterwards if you go to a bar/pub somewhere in Newtown
- could someone of you guys tweet the location with the #barcampsydney
tag when you are leaving the Sumalee Thai?

That'd be great!
Joscha

Brett Porter

Dec 8, 2010, 7:24:48 PM12/8/10
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com

Sure thing.

There's also a good chance we may just stay in the pub part of the Bank Hotel where the restaurant is located too!

- Brett