Barcamp in Delhi

akash kumar

Mar 13, 2013, 5:43:48 AM3/13/13
to barcamp-pla...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am planning to organize Barcamp in Delhi.

Please give your inputs to make it a success.

Thanks,
Akash

Aman Manglik

Mar 13, 2013, 6:15:50 AM3/13/13
to barcamp-pla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Akash

The key areas to look for are an awesome planners team, Venue (wifi, projectors, rooms, etc), sponsorship and publicity.

For venue, food and goodies sponsorships you need to approach different organisations. Generally we need a very small amount of cash sponsorship for taking care of printing and some runtime costs. For publicity, you need to leverage social media and the web, and you can send posters in companies, colleges, etc. I am guessing some of this has already happened by reading the BCD group. Get the previous planners to provide the existing framework in place.

Also try to get the word out in college communities like IITD etc. You will get a lot of interested youngsters there who will be interested in attending and may be even help planning the event.

Aman