Google Maps Developer & Networking Session on Thursday 14th May

1 view

Daniel CerVentus

May 10, 2009, 12:22:40 AM5/10/09
to barcam...@googlegroups.com, barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Barcampers.

The Google team would like to invite you to a Google Maps Developer & Networking Session on Thursday 14th May in Kuala Lumpur to meet members of the Google team in Southeast Asia, and to learn more about our Maps and Earth products. Please RSVP in the form on the right with your intention to attend, as well as a little bit about your technical experience so we can better tailor the event to your needs. The event is FREE, and we'll serve some light refreshments during the evening. Space is very limited and so please do RSVP clearly in the form to the right. Thanks and looking forward to seeing you all at the event. The Google Maps Team

Time:          4pm - 8pm, Thursday 14th May.
Location:   No Black Tie, 17 Jalan Mesui, Kuala Lumpur

Sincerely

Daniel CerVentus
Malaysia Entrepreneurs
http://www.entrepreneurs.my
===================================
Follow me on http://www.twitter.com/cerventus
===================================

Teuku Faruq

May 10, 2009, 6:40:25 AM5/10/09
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Daniel

My name is Faruq. Im just normal university student with normal understanding in C++. But Im interesting about this event.
Am I capable to be attendant? And do you know how to get Raja Chulan Monorail if i come from Pudu?
Thanks.

Best Regards,,
Teuku Faruq

shuchuen chen

May 10, 2009, 11:14:47 PM5/10/09
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Does one has to have programming background in order to attend?

KBalakrishnan

May 10, 2009, 11:41:55 PM5/10/09
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
this is getting annoying. you should BCC your sendees in order to stop them bloody replying to all!!
this kind of email is obviously going to get lots of replys saying "do i need xxxx to attend" etc

basic principles. very disappointed with the way this has been managed. i can tell you you're gonna piss off a lot of people on your mailing list if you continue like this

Kumes

Kamal Fariz Mahyuddin

May 10, 2009, 11:55:37 PM5/10/09
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Dude, it's a mailing list. Get off the list if you want to stop
receiving noise. If anybody needs email etiquette training, it's the
people who opt to Reply All instead of a plain reply.

Haiza M.F.

May 10, 2009, 11:59:54 PM5/10/09
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Dude, if we opt out, we will miss out other great announcement like this.

No offense, but I think the people who replied should be clever enough to reply to Daniel (or who ever is in charge) then to reply to the whole group/list.

And yes, I agree with Kumes, been annoyed with this since barcamp.
--
Ionnex Sdn. Bhd. (569651-U)
Unit B-12-12, Block B, Megan Avenue II,

Teuku Faruq

May 11, 2009, 1:34:27 AM5/11/09
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Hi ALL barcampers,,

Im really really sorry, i didnt see the receiver, cuz i thought it come from Mr. Daniel.
Really sorry
for making mess is this group!

And for Mr. Haiza, yeah you are right sir..honestly to say im not a smart guy!
Hope you all guys have great day and success!!

Best Regards,,
Teuku Faruq

KBalakrishnan

May 11, 2009, 12:40:28 AM5/11/09
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
is it so difficult to stop exposing the mailing list? what if i was some asshole like that aussie guy at barcamp, who just sends multiple emails to the whole group just to sell stuff, would you be happy?

common sense man...

Ezwan Aizat Bin Abdullah Faiz

May 11, 2009, 3:55:38 AM5/11/09
On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 12:40 PM, KBalakrishnan <afhst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> is it so difficult to stop exposing the mailing list? what if i was some
> asshole like that aussie guy at barcamp, who just sends multiple emails to
> the whole group just to sell stuff, would you be happy?

This is not a private mailing list. This is a public, opt in mailing
list. Admin functionality can be set in place which prevents spam to
come in as well.

Yes, if people tried to sell me stuff I would be upset, but chillax
dude. Its not the end of the world. Yes its frustrating, but measures
can be put in place to prevent it from happening, and those measures
shouldn't be carried out until we see a trend in such marketing
tactics.

Regards,
Aizat

--
http://aizatto.com

KBalakrishnan

May 11, 2009, 1:41:47 PM5/11/09
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Understood, but the thread of messages on my gmail for this particular email is starting to look like a BB discussion thread...

all i'm suggesting is, make the "reply to" function private, i.e. all the replies go to the sender, or a admin group as opposed to the entire group. i dont understand why all the people in the group should receive a copy of any replies.

cheers
kumes

@mysiddiq_

May 11, 2009, 2:02:21 PM5/11/09
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
"i dont understand why all the people in the group should receive a copy of any replies" - lololol

actually my friend, this is a discussion group, not just yet-another-shitty-mailinglist. we discuss things in a group, publicly. if u wanted a nice cosy private talk, that's what email is for. please, i don't see any point debating about this.