Food Options for BARcamp

Kevin Harriss

May 17, 2012, 12:29:40 PM5/17/12
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
Some of the options we discussed in the last meeting for food were
grilling, pizza, Pork Shoppe and food trucks. We also discussed that
we need to do lunch and dinner on Saturday and breakfast and "lunch"
on Sunday. My thoughts would be to do Pork Shoppe and food trucks for
the meals on Saturday and then on Sunday we can grill. Since the crowd
is usually smaller on Sunday that makes it easier on the grillers to
keep up with demand and less food we have to buy.

I know Tim talked to the Pork Shoppe[1] and they said they could cater
for us. Tim, do you know an approximate cost per person that would be?

I was contacted by the owner of Duck n Roll[2], a bahn mi food truck.
She used to work at Grubhub and was the person I talked to about their
sponsorship every year. She asked me if we would need trucks to feed
the hungry masses at BARcamp. She said that if we wanted to go the
food truck route we could organize something. I know she has worked
with other food trucks in the past on events so if this is something
we wanted to do I can talk to her about the approximate cost per
person.

What do you think we should do to feed all the hungry people at BARcamp?

Kevin

Jim Campbell

May 25, 2012, 2:52:25 PM5/25/12
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Kevin Harriss <specia...@gmail.com> wrote:
Some of the options we discussed in the last meeting for food were
grilling, pizza, Pork Shoppe and food trucks. We also discussed that
we need to do lunch and dinner on Saturday and breakfast and "lunch"
on Sunday. My thoughts would be to do Pork Shoppe and food trucks for
the meals on Saturday and then on Sunday we can grill. Since the crowd
is usually smaller on Sunday that makes it easier on the grillers to
keep up with demand and less food we have to buy.

I think this sounds like a good approach. I like the idea of using the Pork Shoppe, especially because they are so close to PS One. The make great food, too. We'll have to see about their vegetarian options, though. I think that they make their own veggie burgers.

I know Tim talked to the Pork Shoppe[1] and they said they could cater
for us. Tim, do you know an approximate cost per person that would be?

I was contacted by the owner of Duck n Roll[2], a bahn mi food truck.
She used to work at Grubhub and was the person I talked to about their
sponsorship every year. She asked me if we would need trucks to feed
the hungry masses at BARcamp. She said that if we wanted to go the
food truck route we could organize something. I know she has worked
with other food trucks in the past on events so if this is something
we wanted to do I can talk to her about the approximate cost per
person.

This could be an option, too, but I would prefer the Pork Shoppe.

Jim

eviljoel

May 25, 2012, 8:07:48 PM5/25/12
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
I just want to say that the food truck idea is awesome!

- ej

V. Edwards

May 27, 2012, 2:37:05 PM5/27/12
to BARcamp Chicago
I'm catching up in the postings and have a couple of thoughts:

1) I really like the food truck idea, it will save people from being
dedicated to cooking;
2) I prefer the late July or August timeframe to give more time to
find sponsors;
3) When is the next meeting, I'd like to lend a hand?

Vee