BARcamp Chicago September 22nd Announcement

Kevin Harriss

Sep 11, 2012, 10:50:24 AM9/11/12
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
Below is the announcement for BARcamp Chicago 2012 please forward this
to anyone or group you think might be interested in attending.

Kevin

What is a BARcamp?

A BARcamp is a participation oriented event focusing on some of the
best parts of conferences: between session discussions, knowledge
sharing and socializing. All the talks are given by attendees and the
schedule is decided the day of the event. The event is FREE and open
to the public.

What Can I Expect at BARcamp Chicago?

You can expect great discussions, presentations, workshops and demos
from some of Chicago’s brightest minds and technology companies.
Attendees are encouraged to participate by giving talks, asking
questions, having side discussions, sharing ideas and knowledge. Along
with talks there are people working together on projects, ideas and
companies.

When is BARcamp Chicago?

BARcamp Chicago 2012 will be Saturday September 22nd from 10:00 AM to
7:00 PM. Doors will open at 9:30am.

Where is BARcamp Chicago?

This year BARcamp Chicago will be located at our friendly neighborhood
hackerspace, Pumping Station: One. Pumping Station: One is located at
3519 North Elston, Chicago, IL 60618.

How Much Does BARcamp Chicago Cost:

BARcamp Chicago is 100% FREE. Free food and drink will also be
provided. We do ask that you please register
(http://barcampchicago12.eventbrite.com/) so we have an idea of how
many people to expect.

TALKS!

Do you think you know something that others might like to learn about?
Of course you do! Consider giving a talk about it at BARcamp Chicago.
All types of presentations are welcome as long as they are educational
and interesting. You can use While presentation slides are by no
means required, we will have projectors available for those who which
to use them. If you are planning on giving a talk at BARcamp
please submit it to our talk
proposals(https://www.google.com/moderator/#14/e=1fd70a) so others can
have an idea of what talks to expect.

For registration and updated information please visit our website at
http://barcampchicago.org/.

If you have any questions please e-mail Kevin Harriss at
specia...@gmail.com .