Media coverage ideas

Wade Kwon

Apr 20, 2009, 7:06:56 PM4/20/09
to barca...@googlegroups.com
Haven't landed any media interviews for Jeremy yet, but typically
media waits till last minute, which doesn't help our attendee
recruitment drive.

I have two ideas to bounce off you:

1. Recruit media types like Kyle Whitmire (Bham Weekly and 2008
attendee) and Scott Walker (Bham News) to present.

Kyle could talk about revamping bhamweekly.com to new Wordpress site.
Scott could talk about making the digital newsstand:

http://www.designondeadline.com/digitalnewsstand/index.html

And we ask them to write about it ahead of time in respective pubs.

2. Ask everyone to e-mail Jerry Underwood (biz editor at Bham News) or
your choice of TV personality to do preview piece on Barcamp.

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Go for it?

Wade

--
Wade Kwon.com | wadekwon.com | a Southern storyteller at work
Wade on Birmingham | wadeonbirmingham.com | Birmingham and Alabama

[Note: I check e-mail at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. If you need to reach me
right
away, try http://wadekwon.com/about/about-contact/.]

Jeremy Flint

Apr 20, 2009, 7:21:40 PM4/20/09
to barca...@googlegroups.com, barca...@googlegroups.com
Kyle actually attended last year. Since they are a weekly, this would
be the week to get them to do something.

Sent from my iPhone

Ed Noles

Apr 20, 2009, 8:17:07 PM4/20/09
to barca...@googlegroups.com, barca...@googlegroups.com
I like the preview idea. This thought might go against the
unconference theme, but what if all the planners went ahead and shared
their presentation titles / topics with Underwood and McCauley?

With social media so hot right now, maybe we give the News a few
sample topics.

-Ed

Sent from my iPhone 3g

Jeremy Flint

Apr 20, 2009, 8:42:40 PM4/20/09
to barca...@googlegroups.com, barca...@googlegroups.com
People are currently proposing sessions on the web site, so it's not
like Kyle and Scott couldn't propose their sessions as well.

Sent from my iPhone

Wade

Apr 21, 2009, 1:13:02 AM4/21/09
to BarCampBirmingham
I e-mailed Kyle and Scott asking if they'd be interested in giving
presentations.

Wade